Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher won't drain? Check air gap

I attempted to use our dishwasher to clean a greasy, soot-covered
barbeque pan (a bad idea, by the way). The dishwasher stopped, with a
blocked outflow indication. I opened it, used a wet vac to drain it,
and cleaned out the internal filters, sump pump, and anti-backflow
valve. This got the water circulating inside again, but it still
wouldn't drain.

Turns out, enough crud had pumped up to clog the air gap. (The air gap
is an anti-siphon device, often a small chrome cylinder by the sink.)
Once I opened that up and cleaned it, everything was flowing like
normal again.

Here's some more information about air gaps:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...c/1275531.html

Larry Lang

Dishwasher drain length [email protected] Home Repair 8 February 6th 06 11:47 AM
Leaking Dishwasher - plugged drain? Bill Stock Home Repair 9 September 29th 05 04:13 AM
Water heater pressure relief value drip Remove dots from userid to reply Home Repair 29 May 17th 04 07:46 PM
dishwasher drain Bryan Home Repair 4 February 28th 04 04:08 AM
Dishwasher will not drain Mr Harry UK diy 1 December 11th 03 09:02 AM