Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default How to drill through concrete slab

What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a
slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Walter R." wrote in message
What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a
slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

Rent a big assed hammer drill.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Walter R. wrote:
What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled
at a slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

Just a though. I once worked for a retail store. They built a new
building at a mall. It was the only building in the mall with a basement.
Someone decided they needed to drill a hole in the floor for some electrical
work. Did I tell you the mall was built on an old swamp. They drilled the
hole and ended up with at 12 in fountain. It took them several days to get
that patched up.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
.net...

"Walter R." wrote in message
What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a
slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

Rent a big assed hammer drill.

Fergeddabout a hammer drill. Rent a rotohammer. At least twice as fast.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
barbarow

Rent, borrow or buy a hammer drill and a 1/2 " masonry bit

--
A win win situation ! ! !.
1. Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.

Support the Minutemen at:
http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/linktous.php
"Walter R." wrote in message
What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a
slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

My house is not on top of a swamp. However, I may get the same "fountain
effect" when/if I hit a water line under the slab.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Walter R. wrote:
What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled
at a slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

Just a though. I once worked for a retail store. They built a new
building at a mall. It was the only building in the mall with a basement.
Someone decided they needed to drill a hole in the floor for some
electrical work. Did I tell you the mall was built on an old swamp. They
drilled the hole and ended up with at 12 in fountain. It took them several
days to get that patched up.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Walter R. wrote:
What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a
slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

After many hours of trying to drill a couple of holes and going through
many drill bits, I purchased one of the SDS type masonary drills at a
Harbor Freight store for about $50 and the drill bits (special type)
were about $12 for a pack. This setup goes through concrete like a
knife goes through butter. It's not commercial quality but it works.
No more standard masonary bits for me !

Joey
Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Mon, 29 May 2006 05:22:01 GMT, "Walter R."
wrote:

What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a
slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

As some have mentioned here befo ...avoid the re-bar....

If your "standard slab floor" is like mine you certainly want to avoid
a "tension cable" in the foundation if you "happen" to have one.

Oren

excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

wrote:

What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a
standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a
slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

As some have mentioned here befo ...avoid the re-bar....

If your "standard slab floor" is like mine you certainly want to avoid
a "tension cable" in the foundation if you "happen" to have one.

Paint a really good rendition of an Iranian Tank on the roof,
and convince a passing A-10 pilot to shoot at it for about
1/10th of a second.