Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rebuilding above ground pool, where to get parts?

I have a 28' above ground pool that we plan to rebuild soon. However,
a few sections of the bottom track/rail that holds the pool wall have
corroded beyond usability. I'm having trouble locating replacement
track. Does anyone have suggestions on how to track this stuff down?
I can't really even find much data about the manufacturer of the pool
itself. It is about 8 years old.

Are these tracks universal? Can I purchase a new 28' track and use it
on this pool?

Thanks for any help,

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 28' above ground pool that we plan to rebuild soon. However,
a few sections of the bottom track/rail that holds the pool wall have
corroded beyond usability. I'm having trouble locating replacement
track. Does anyone have suggestions on how to track this stuff down?
I can't really even find much data about the manufacturer of the pool
itself. It is about 8 years old.

Are these tracks universal? Can I purchase a new 28' track and use it
on this pool?

Thanks for any help,

May have to replace the whole track rather than just one section. Have you
goten a quote from a pool company, that should reel in the options a bit.
Take some photos or a sample to a pool supply store and go from there.

Posted to alt.home.repair
sky

Have you tried any of these?

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...anufa cturers
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...und+pool+parts

Check your yellow pages?
swimming pools mfgs.-suppliers

Are these tracks universal? Can I purchase a new 28' track and use it

on this pool?

Up to a point......Some brands were, others were proprietary....the way
they'd interlock.....In any event you have to stay with a pool that is
28', otherwise I could sell you some of my 15'er I want to get rid of.
(the radius's/arc's are different)

Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 28' above ground pool that we plan to rebuild soon. However,
a few sections of the bottom track/rail that holds the pool wall have
corroded beyond usability. I'm having trouble locating replacement
track. Does anyone have suggestions on how to track this stuff down?
I can't really even find much data about the manufacturer of the pool
itself. It is about 8 years old.

Are these tracks universal? Can I purchase a new 28' track and use it
on this pool?

Thanks for any help,

Check your Yellow Pages under 'metal buildings '. Some of the dealers might
be willing ot supply a piece of channel and the connectors. Also, check
'metal faricators'. You might be surprised at what they are willing to do
because it's a relatively quick and easy process for a fabricator. I'd
check with two or three though, just to rule out the possible rip-off artist
who thinks that he sees one coming. Don't ask me how I know.