Posted to alt.home.repair
Starcraft82

Default Dishwasher

We have a 3 year old Kenmore/Whirlpool dishwasher that has started leaving
crud all over the dishes (more on the top rack than bottom). I have checked
that the sprayers are clean, the drain line from the dishwasher is clean,
the water supply is good and it seems to fill to the heater coil. I
haven't found any way to clean any filters or traps that may be inside the
motor/pump housing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary Niskanen

Check the line to the garbage disposal and or air gap.

Secondly clean the machine by running tang, the powdered kind, through it
use it just like dishwasher soap.

"Starcraft82" wrote in message
We have a 3 year old Kenmore/Whirlpool dishwasher that has started leaving
crud all over the dishes (more on the top rack than bottom). I have
checked that the sprayers are clean, the drain line from the dishwasher is
clean, the water supply is good and it seems to fill to the heater coil.
I haven't found any way to clean any filters or traps that may be inside
the motor/pump housing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

run a gallon of cheap white vinegar thru it, let iit soak for awhile

are you CERTAIN both spray arms are turning free and not clogged?

is the water hot enough? minimum 120 degrees.

change to that liquid past soap? powder works better...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Starcraft82 wrote:
We have a 3 year old Kenmore/Whirlpool dishwasher that has started leaving
crud all over the dishes (more on the top rack than bottom). I have checked
that the sprayers are clean, the drain line from the dishwasher is clean,
the water supply is good and it seems to fill to the heater coil. I
haven't found any way to clean any filters or traps that may be inside the
motor/pump housing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi,

We have a 3 year old Kenmore/Whirlpool dishwasher

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

haven't found any way to clean any filters or traps that may be inside the
motor/pump housing.

*If* the d/w is built by Whirlpool for Sears, wlp has at least 6
different styles. Model# helps to see which you have.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

You know that it fills, but check for complete drain during the drain
cycle. With that out of the way, during pump action, open the door and
look at the position of the spray arms. Close the door, run it for a
bit, then open the door and check to see if they have moved. This is a
starting place to diagnose what is going on with your washer.