Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry Avant

Default Extension cord for on floor use

I have an old extension cord that was designed for on the floor use.

It's about six feet long total. One end has about a foot of
conventional cord and a wall plug. The other end has a dual three
prong outlet. The middle of the cord is encased within some type of
flat plastic. When laid on the floor it's almost totally flat and will
allow an office chair to roll over it easily. I bought it years ago at
a garage sale. I would really like to find another similar but I have
looked on-line at several office supply stores with no luck. Anyone
know where I could find one?

Thanks,

Harry

Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

"Harry Avant" wrote in message
I have an old extension cord that was designed for on the floor use.

It's about six feet long total. One end has about a foot of
conventional cord and a wall plug. The other end has a dual three
prong outlet. The middle of the cord is encased within some type of
flat plastic. When laid on the floor it's almost totally flat and will
allow an office chair to roll over it easily. I bought it years ago at
a garage sale. I would really like to find another similar but I have
looked on-line at several office supply stores with no luck. Anyone
know where I could find one?

Any hardware store. Maybe a drugstore or supermarket too. Not a good
idea to be rolling over a cord...

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumman-581

"Harry Avant" wrote in message
I have an old extension cord that was designed for on the floor use.

It's about six feet long total. One end has about a foot of
conventional cord and a wall plug. The other end has a dual three
prong outlet. The middle of the cord is encased within some type of
flat plastic. When laid on the floor it's almost totally flat and will
allow an office chair to roll over it easily.

There are also similar items that have slots underneath / in them that allow
you to run your own power, phone, and network cables underneath / inside
them... In a lot of ways, this is more practical since you can cut it to the
exact length that you might need... Different qualities available, of
course... Some for just chair weight objects, some you can even drive over
with a vehicle... A quick Google search for [electrical cord protector]
found it...
http://www.wiremold.com/www/consumer...dex.asp?bhcp=1
http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/...or-647785.aspx
http://cableorganizer.com/cord-covers/
http://cableorganizer.com/cord-cover-duraline/
http://cableorganizer.com/cord-cover-transparent/
http://cableorganizer.com/cord-protector/
http://cableorganizer.com/floor-cord-cover/
http://cableorganizer.com/cord-cover-elasco/
http://cableorganizer.com/dropover-lite/
http://cableorganizer.com/cable-protector-yjack/
http://cableorganizer.com/cable-protector-gp5/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumman-581

"Harry Avant" wrote in message
snip

Oh, I forgot, you can also get the electrical cord protectors up at Office
Depot...
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...g=true&An=text

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry Avant

That's what I'm looking for - thanks! I never thought of doing a
search using the term "cord-cover".

"Grumman-581" wrote:

"Harry Avant" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumman-581

"Harry Avant" wrote in message
That's what I'm looking for - thanks! I never thought of doing a
search using the term "cord-cover".

Neither did I... I used "electrical cord protector"... Looks like "cord
cover" would have worked well also...

Kind of a pain when houses / buildings don't put the outlets / ports where
you *need* them... grin

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:49:14 GMT, "Grumman-581"
wrote:

"Harry Avant" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Oh, I forgot, you can also get the electrical cord protectors up at Office
Depot...
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?...g=true&An=text

I've been looking for those thinks too, and was unsuccessful since I
didn't know just what WORDS to use for the things. Thanks for the
information.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com