Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry Avant

Default Extension cord for on floor use

That's what I'm looking for - thanks! I never thought of doing a
search using the term "cord-cover".

"Grumman-581" wrote:

"Harry Avant" wrote in message
.. .
I have an old extension cord that was designed for on the floor use.

It's about six feet long total. One end has about a foot of
conventional cord and a wall plug. The other end has a dual three
prong outlet. The middle of the cord is encased within some type of
flat plastic. When laid on the floor it's almost totally flat and will
allow an office chair to roll over it easily.

There are also similar items that have slots underneath / in them that allow
you to run your own power, phone, and network cables underneath / inside
them... In a lot of ways, this is more practical since you can cut it to the
exact length that you might need... Different qualities available, of
course... Some for just chair weight objects, some you can even drive over
with a vehicle... A quick Google search for [electrical cord protector]
found it...
http://www.wiremold.com/www/consumer...dex.asp?bhcp=1
http://electrical.hardwarestore.com/...or-647785.aspx
http://cableorganizer.com/cord-covers/