Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No hot water in washing machine

I have a Speed Queen washing machine.

The "Water Temperature" dial has three settings (Hot, Warm and Cold)
but only COLD water enters the tub.

Hot water comes out of the hot-water hose and cold water comes out of
the cold-water hose.

The water inlet valve is less than 9-months old but I've checked both
screens and they are clean. A continuity tester (i.e., multi-tester)
shows that both solenoids are OK. The inlet valve looks clean. How
can I check the inlet valve to see whether it's mechanically working
correctly?

If the inlet valve is working correctly, what else could prevent the
no-hot-water problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson

Might be the switch controlling the temp selection. You should be able to
test that with the multi-tester.

http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_11_1.asp

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Speed Queen washing machine.

The "Water Temperature" dial has three settings (Hot, Warm and Cold)
but only COLD water enters the tub.

Hot water comes out of the hot-water hose and cold water comes out of
the cold-water hose.

The water inlet valve is less than 9-months old but I've checked both
screens and they are clean. A continuity tester (i.e., multi-tester)
shows that both solenoids are OK. The inlet valve looks clean. How
can I check the inlet valve to see whether it's mechanically working
correctly?

If the inlet valve is working correctly, what else could prevent the
no-hot-water problem?

Posted to alt.home.repair

possibly the fill valve is bad. Switch the hoses and see if hot water
comes
out when cold is selected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Where is the "fill valve"?