DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   No hot water in washing machine (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/154663-no-hot-water-washing-machine.html)

[email protected] April 23rd 06 04:59 PM

No hot water in washing machine

I have a Speed Queen washing machine.

The "Water Temperature" dial has three settings (Hot, Warm and Cold)
but only COLD water enters the tub.

Hot water comes out of the hot-water hose and cold water comes out of
the cold-water hose.

The water inlet valve is less than 9-months old but I've checked both
screens and they are clean. A continuity tester (i.e., multi-tester)
shows that both solenoids are OK. The inlet valve looks clean. How
can I check the inlet valve to see whether it's mechanically working
correctly?

If the inlet valve is working correctly, what else could prevent the
no-hot-water problem?

jackson April 23rd 06 05:24 PM

No hot water in washing machine

Might be the switch controlling the temp selection. You should be able to
test that with the multi-tester.

http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_11_1.asp

oups.com...

[email protected] April 23rd 06 06:16 PM

No hot water in washing machine

possibly the fill valve is bad. Switch the hoses and see if hot water
comes
out when cold is selected.

[email protected] April 23rd 06 06:17 PM

No hot water in washing machine

Where is the "fill valve"?