Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Shaun Eli

Default looking for 48" bathroom vanity top with two sinks

My current bathroom includes a 48 inch vanity that has two sinks. I'm
looking to replace it with something similar.

Home Depot has told me that I can't get a Corian top with two sinks for
a vanity under 60 inches, and they have no 48" pre-fab vanity tops with
two sinks.

I can't fit a bigger vanity and I don't want to give up having two
sinks-- it's really a nice feature of the bathroom.

Anybody have any ideas? Know where I can find such a top?

thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Why not keep the one you have ?

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Shaun Eli

Thanks. But I don't want to spend almost three thousand dollars.

Why not keep the one I have? The cabinet is forty years old and shows
it. The countertop is horribly scratched, and the sinks show some
corrosion.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
My current bathroom includes a 48 inch vanity that has two sinks. I'm
looking to replace it with something similar.

Home Depot has told me that I can't get a Corian top with two sinks for
a vanity under 60 inches, and they have no 48" pre-fab vanity tops with
two sinks.

I can't fit a bigger vanity and I don't want to give up having two
sinks-- it's really a nice feature of the bathroom.

Anybody have any ideas? Know where I can find such a top?

thanks,

I'm fairly sure that you can get a Corian top of any size, and you can get
holes cut into the top of any size for whatever sink you can find that works
in that space. The guys at Home Depot may have thought that you were
interested in one of the Corian pre-manufactured tops, which only come in
61" or 73" widths.

Good luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
ameijers

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
My current bathroom includes a 48 inch vanity that has two sinks. I'm
looking to replace it with something similar.

Home Depot has told me that I can't get a Corian top with two sinks for
a vanity under 60 inches, and they have no 48" pre-fab vanity tops with
two sinks.

I can't fit a bigger vanity and I don't want to give up having two
sinks-- it's really a nice feature of the bathroom.

Anybody have any ideas? Know where I can find such a top?

2 sinks in only 48"? You and your SO must be on the skinny side, or this
must be a kids bath.

The big-box places only carry the stuff that lots of people want. As soon as
you want something unusual, they say 'special order' or shrug. A local
custom kitchen store can make or get you whatever you want. If all you want
is formica, it is trivial. If you want solid-surface with molded-on
undermount sinks, you are talking more money. The vanity itself, if they
don't have it that size, they can fake easily enough with standard doors, if
you don't mind the vertical rails on the face frame being a little wide.
With 2 sinks in that narrow a space, you are probably SOL on drawers, unless
you don't care about how hard the pipes are to get to.

Personally, for that width, I'd use one big sink- I hate how small basins
splash. And with 2 basins, there is almost no usable counter space, so you
are almost as bad off as 2 wall-hung sinks would be.

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
reo

We've had occasional clients asking for 48"/twin basin vanities. We get
the same answer consistently . . . . "Too risky! Used to make them,
but basin diameter was too small and the section between the basins
ends up cracking either while being installed or over time." Even with
a basin as small as one for a wet bar, the amount of supporting
material is so little that I can see how easy it is to crack the
counter.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Darrell Dorsey

We just had some granite countertops installed in our kitchen. When we
visited their shop, they had lots of scrap pieces of granite from other
jobs. I'm sure they had some larges pieces left over from our job. The
folks at the company said that any time we needed a vanity top, just stop by
and pick something out from their scrap. They would only change for the
putting on the edge, cut out for the sink and holes for the faucet, no
charge for the material. I'd bet other will do the same. In our case that
was $250 for a 36" sink base.

Go find yourself a couple of small undermount sinks and have someone make
you a granite tops. I'd bet you could get that done for well under $600
total.

Darrell

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
My current bathroom includes a 48 inch vanity that has two sinks. I'm
looking to replace it with something similar.

Home Depot has told me that I can't get a Corian top with two sinks for
a vanity under 60 inches, and they have no 48" pre-fab vanity tops with
two sinks.

I can't fit a bigger vanity and I don't want to give up having two
sinks-- it's really a nice feature of the bathroom.

Anybody have any ideas? Know where I can find such a top?

thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Dave Combs

Suggest you go to www.corian.com and look for the local recommended
installer. We just had a 96" counter installed for about $1350 including a
built in sink. So that's $1000 for the counter and $350 for the sink. 48"
would be $500 plus $700 for the sinks or $1200. This is in Southern
California. Other areas might be cheaper.

Dave

oups.com...