Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Darrell Dorsey

Default looking for 48" bathroom vanity top with two sinks

We just had some granite countertops installed in our kitchen. When we
visited their shop, they had lots of scrap pieces of granite from other
jobs. I'm sure they had some larges pieces left over from our job. The
folks at the company said that any time we needed a vanity top, just stop by
and pick something out from their scrap. They would only change for the
putting on the edge, cut out for the sink and holes for the faucet, no
charge for the material. I'd bet other will do the same. In our case that
was $250 for a 36" sink base.

Go find yourself a couple of small undermount sinks and have someone make
you a granite tops. I'd bet you could get that done for well under $600
total.

Darrell

"Shaun Eli" wrote in message
oups.com...
My current bathroom includes a 48 inch vanity that has two sinks. I'm
looking to replace it with something similar.

Home Depot has told me that I can't get a Corian top with two sinks for
a vanity under 60 inches, and they have no 48" pre-fab vanity tops with
two sinks.

I can't fit a bigger vanity and I don't want to give up having two
sinks-- it's really a nice feature of the bathroom.

Anybody have any ideas? Know where I can find such a top?

thanks,