Posted to alt.home.repair
mrsgator88

Default Bathroom vanity with bowl sinks

Hello,

We're planning to have bowl sinks in our bathroom, and put them on top of a
cabinet vanity. We're having the vanity custom made, and wondering what
would be a good height. My wife is 5'2" and I'm 5'9", so no unusual height
issues for us. Just wondering how its usually done. TIA,

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
BCDrums

mrsgator88 wrote:
Hello,

We're planning to have bowl sinks in our bathroom, and put them on top of a
cabinet vanity. We're having the vanity custom made, and wondering what
would be a good height. My wife is 5'2" and I'm 5'9", so no unusual height
issues for us. Just wondering how its usually done. TIA,

Steve

We ordered a vanity from a company through Home Expo (Strasser
Woodenworks), and they offered vanities in two heights: "traditional" at
32 inches, and "New Standard" (or something like that) at 34.5". We went
for the taller one.

BC
Posted to alt.home.repair
mrsgator88

It depends...do you want to have to bend over all the time (that's
"usual")?

Nope

I didn't so made *all* our counters 37". My wife and I are about the
same heights as you and neither of us has a problem with the extra
counter height.

Did you put bowl sinks on top, or regular sinks into the counter?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

mrsgator88 wrote:
It depends...do you want to have to bend over all the time (that's
"usual")?

Nope

I didn't so made *all* our counters 37". My wife and I are about the
same heights as you and neither of us has a problem with the extra
counter height.

Did you put bowl sinks on top, or regular sinks into the counter?

Steve

Top mounted. Set as far forward as possible...if set back, faucet
controls may be awkward to reach. Even better would be controls at one
side.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Cultured Marble vanity top [email protected] Home Repair 5 March 29th 06 03:44 PM
Bathroom light switches - Location Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 5 August 14th 05 08:56 PM
Bathroom Vanity Rob V Woodworking 0 June 10th 05 05:26 PM
building a custom bathroom vanity kilerbbb Woodworking 5 April 9th 04 12:32 PM