DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bathroom vanity with bowl sinks (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/152113-bathroom-vanity-bowl-sinks.html)

mrsgator88 April 5th 06 01:49 AM

Bathroom vanity with bowl sinks

Hello,

We're planning to have bowl sinks in our bathroom, and put them on top of a
cabinet vanity. We're having the vanity custom made, and wondering what
would be a good height. My wife is 5'2" and I'm 5'9", so no unusual height
issues for us. Just wondering how its usually done. TIA,

Steve

BCDrums April 5th 06 03:41 AM

mrsgator88 wrote:
Hello,

We're planning to have bowl sinks in our bathroom, and put them on top of a
cabinet vanity. We're having the vanity custom made, and wondering what
would be a good height. My wife is 5'2" and I'm 5'9", so no unusual height
issues for us. Just wondering how its usually done. TIA,

Steve

We ordered a vanity from a company through Home Expo (Strasser
Woodenworks), and they offered vanities in two heights: "traditional" at
32 inches, and "New Standard" (or something like that) at 34.5". We went
for the taller one.

BC

mrsgator88 April 5th 06 02:11 PM

Bathroom vanity with bowl sinks

It depends...do you want to have to bend over all the time (that's
"usual")?

Nope

I didn't so made *all* our counters 37". My wife and I are about the
same heights as you and neither of us has a problem with the extra
counter height.

Did you put bowl sinks on top, or regular sinks into the counter?

Steve

dadiOH April 5th 06 04:01 PM

mrsgator88 wrote:
It depends...do you want to have to bend over all the time (that's
"usual")?

Nope

I didn't so made *all* our counters 37". My wife and I are about the
same heights as you and neither of us has a problem with the extra
counter height.

Did you put bowl sinks on top, or regular sinks into the counter?

Steve

Top mounted. Set as far forward as possible...if set back, faucet
controls may be awkward to reach. Even better would be controls at one
side.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...