Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Default Any opinions on Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW & GE/GW9250PW???

We are looking into a new Washer/Dryer and saw that the Whirlpool Duet
GHW9150PW & GE/GW9250PW were some of the Top Picks on Consumer Reports.
Though the Best Buy from Consumer reports was a Kenmore KE2 something. I
found some onions on the net that there was some design issues with the KE2
and items would clog the water input causing water to spill out onto the
floor.

So I have a few questions, the Whirlpool looks similar to the KE2 series. is
the Kenmore KE2 really the Whirlpool Duet in sheep's clothing?

If you have the Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW & GE/GW9250PW do you like it?

Thanks,
Scott-

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom W

Whirlpool does indeed make appliaces for Kenmore. I can't remember
what make it is, but I just got a new Kenmore set of front loaders last
year. They work great! Personally, I would go for the Kenmore over
the Whirlpool, they seems to be a little bit nicer. The main
difference on our model was the Whirlpool had a selector knob and the
Kenmore had electronic buttons. Hope this helps a little.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

I was looking at
http://www.epinions.com/Kenmore_3_3_...splay_~reviews

And they were reviewing the CR Best Buy (Kenmore 46462 Front Load Washer)
and there were 2 of 5 that had issues with theirs which they dumped water
all over the floor.

It just looks similar to the Whirlpool Duet... I don't want to have the same
issues with it. I'd go Kenmore if they had better user feedback. The next
step up of the Kenmore line is the HE3, which is $350 more... Was not
interested in spending that much. )-;

Thanks,
Scott

"Tom W" wrote in message
ups.com...
Whirlpool does indeed make appliaces for Kenmore. I can't remember
what make it is, but I just got a new Kenmore set of front loaders last
year. They work great! Personally, I would go for the Kenmore over
the Whirlpool, they seems to be a little bit nicer. The main
difference on our model was the Whirlpool had a selector knob and the
Kenmore had electronic buttons. Hope this helps a little.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom W

Just wait and the HE3 (now that you mention it, that is what I have)
will go on sale for $250 off. it happend all the time. If you go in
and ask they will probably tell you when it is going on sale next.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

that is exactly the set we purchased about 4 months ago. We couldn't be
happier. You'll love the water savings and we monitor our electric online
in real time and the dryer doesn't make wash day spike like the old one did.
We figger a two year pay back in water and electric savings. And the
clothes are cleaner also!!

--
Steve Barker

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
. com...
We are looking into a new Washer/Dryer and saw that the Whirlpool Duet
GHW9150PW & GE/GW9250PW were some of the Top Picks on Consumer Reports.
Though the Best Buy from Consumer reports was a Kenmore KE2 something. I
found some onions on the net that there was some design issues with the
KE2 and items would clog the water input causing water to spill out onto
the floor.

So I have a few questions, the Whirlpool looks similar to the KE2 series.
is the Kenmore KE2 really the Whirlpool Duet in sheep's clothing?

If you have the Whirlpool Duet GHW9150PW & GE/GW9250PW do you like it?

Thanks,
Scott-

Posted to alt.home.repair

We are having problems with our Whirlpool Duet Dryer with our control
lights staying on after we have pressed the cancel button. we have also
tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Does anyone know what may be
the problem. Email Me at
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Duet line of machines are the exact same machine as the HE machines
at Sears, except with different styling and different functionality of
the controls. Duet machines actually have more trim, so repairs can be
slightly more difficult.

I don't know if there is a Duet equivalent to the HE2, but these are
the machines that seem to be a bit more problematic. The Duets that
are equivalent to HE3 and above are the ones you want.

Whirlpool Duet Flashing Panel LLifer Home Repair 1 October 12th 05 03:56 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Whirlpool Duet - leak through tear in front gasket J. A. Peck Home Repair 1 August 15th 04 11:15 PM
Whirlpool Duet Washer Problems? Coop Home Repair 7 July 12th 04 07:08 PM
Opinions on Maytag and Whirlpool dishwashers? Ohaya Home Repair 7 April 18th 04 01:46 PM