Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amana range timer going off on its own

My fiancee and I just purchased a house. We are not yet living in it,
but are going over periodically to work on some renovations we're doing
before we move in. About half the time that we go over, the range timer
is going off. It's really loud (the first time it happened, I thought
it was a smoke detector). It seems to have no rhyme or reason to it.
Power to the stove seems to be stable, as the clock hasn't been
resetting. It's not a big deal now, but we don't want it going off in
the middle of the night when we're living there.

It's an Amana gas range, model ARG7300, with an electronic clock/timer
unit. The options I've considered are either disabling the timer some
how (maybe desoldering the speaker?) or replacing the clock unit if I
can find one at a reasonable price. Does anyone have any other
suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mikeytag

I would recommend contacting Amana directly to see if there is an easy fix.
You could also check out the parts store on their site:
http://www.amana.com Since you just moved in it might be worth it to see
if the range is still under some kind of warranty. Actually going in and
desoldering the speaker probably voids the warranty so you might want to
make sure that it isn't covered anymore.

Mike

Some help with range elements Frank Boettcher Home Repair 8 February 10th 06 09:42 PM
spillage under a slide-in range - preventing? Steve Henderson Home Repair 2 January 9th 06 10:09 PM
For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. Draft 2 John Rumm UK diy 55 March 13th 05 01:27 AM
Randall 4033 timer FormbyMax UK diy 3 January 20th 05 11:30 PM
Range cooker recommendations? [email protected] UK diy 8 July 18th 03 04:50 PM