DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Amana range timer going off on its own (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/153068-amana-range-timer-going-off-its-own.html)

[email protected] April 12th 06 02:31 PM

Amana range timer going off on its own

My fiancee and I just purchased a house. We are not yet living in it,
but are going over periodically to work on some renovations we're doing
before we move in. About half the time that we go over, the range timer
is going off. It's really loud (the first time it happened, I thought
it was a smoke detector). It seems to have no rhyme or reason to it.
Power to the stove seems to be stable, as the clock hasn't been
resetting. It's not a big deal now, but we don't want it going off in
the middle of the night when we're living there.

It's an Amana gas range, model ARG7300, with an electronic clock/timer
unit. The options I've considered are either disabling the timer some
how (maybe desoldering the speaker?) or replacing the clock unit if I
can find one at a reasonable price. Does anyone have any other
suggestions? Thanks in advance.

mikeytag April 12th 06 07:12 PM

Amana range timer going off on its own

I would recommend contacting Amana directly to see if there is an easy fix.
You could also check out the parts store on their site:
http://www.amana.com Since you just moved in it might be worth it to see
if the range is still under some kind of warranty. Actually going in and
desoldering the speaker probably voids the warranty so you might want to
make sure that it isn't covered anymore.

Mike