FormbyMax

Default Randall 4033 timer

Hi,

I have the above timer attached to a Concord combi boiler. at 4.30 pm this
afternoon the timer appears to have stopped working and no longer rotates.
I have checked the fuse on the plug for the timer and indeed changed it, to
no avail. I currently therefore have no heating or hot water as the
programmer / timer cannot switch the heating or water to on, even with the
manual (ON) setting

Can anyone suggest anything i should check?

Many thanks ina dvance,

Max
raden

In message , FormbyMax
writes
Hi,

I have the above timer attached to a Concord combi boiler. at 4.30 pm this
afternoon the timer appears to have stopped working and no longer rotates.
I have checked the fuse on the plug for the timer and indeed changed it, to
no avail. I currently therefore have no heating or hot water as the
programmer / timer cannot switch the heating or water to on, even with the
manual (ON) setting

I presume you can still switch it on and off manually

There are two possibilities -the motor or the gearbox (unless the cam
has split and is jambing it).

If you put your ear to it, you should be able to hear the motor turning

If you can, it's the gearbox, if not it's the motor
--
geoff
Lurch

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:10:54 GMT, raden strung
together this:

I currently therefore have no heating or hot water as the
programmer / timer cannot switch the heating or water to on, even with the
manual (ON) setting

I presume you can still switch it on and off manually

Er, no. not according to the last line of his post!
--

SJW
raden

In message , Lurch
writes
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:10:54 GMT, raden strung
together this:

I currently therefore have no heating or hot water as the
programmer / timer cannot switch the heating or water to on, even with the
manual (ON) setting

I presume you can still switch it on and off manually

Er, no. not according to the last line of his post!

Silly me

In that case OP ... is there any power to the timer ?

If not that would explain why the dial's not going round and the
switched live (s) is (are) powered from the live to the timer IIRC

I'll try and learn to read

--
geoff