Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fixing delta ball-type faucet - can't remove handle

I want to fix the ball-type faucet in our tub. Since it drips from the
tub spout, I anticipate that I'll need to replace the ball (that
tightening the adjusting ring probably won't do it).

So I went to begin the job, and I could not remove the handle after
loosening the allen screw that holds on the handle. Even after
completely removing the allen screw, the handle would not pull off.

Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

try jarring or heating it gently, i hate when stuff doesnt come apart

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

Whatever you do, be careful when trying to loosen the ball assembly. If
its hard to loosen, DO NOT force it. You will end up twisting the
entire shower body inside the wall and damage it. Thats what I did.
Fortunately it did not break or leak, but my faucet is a little crooked
now.
Make sure when you shut off the water to open the faucet to relieve any
pressure.
If the ball assembly cannot come off, you might want to use a small
hack saw and carefully saw on 2 opposite sides of the ball carefully
without hitting the threads of the shower body, then gently pry off the
ball. Of course you will have to by a new ball assembly, but its better
than replacing the shower body.

Posted to alt.home.repair

might be cheaper to buy the entire valve assembly in advance to have
all the parts on hand.

frequently a lot of parts costs more than the entire assembly

creating a golf ball Cliff Metalworking 5 October 24th 05 04:37 PM
Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
Help with dripping Delta shower faucet? xnews user Home Repair 5 July 6th 05 02:46 PM
Old Bathroom - Can't figure out what type of faucet I have Zack Schneeberger Home Ownership 2 April 6th 05 04:39 PM
Kitchen faucet replacement Doug Kanter Home Repair 1 May 1st 04 04:36 PM