xnews user

Default Help with dripping Delta shower faucet?

Hi all,

I have a problem with my 6 year old Delta shower faucet. It's a single
handle (turn a little for cold, more for hot) type. It directly feeds the
showerhead - there's not another spout below it since it's in a shower
stall rather than a tub.

In any case, a little while ago the shower head started dripping when the
knob is turned to off. I replaced the seats and seals (? - two little
rubber gaskets and springs) yesterday, but this didn't stop the dripping.

Are there any other serviceable parts on this, or do I have to replace the
whole cartridge ($$$)?

Thanks!
PCK

"xnews user" wrote in message

Hi all,

I have a problem with my 6 year old Delta shower faucet. It's a single
handle (turn a little for cold, more for hot) type. It directly feeds the
showerhead - there's not another spout below it since it's in a shower
stall rather than a tub.

In any case, a little while ago the shower head started dripping when the
knob is turned to off. I replaced the seats and seals (? - two little
rubber gaskets and springs) yesterday, but this didn't stop the dripping.

Are there any other serviceable parts on this, or do I have to replace the
whole cartridge ($$$)?

Thanks!

returned an old delta cartridge to Home Depot, plumbing guy gave me one so i
took it to the counter and
received it free. was on the computer as a lifetime warranty.
HD gotta love them

Edwin Pawlowski

"xnews user" wrote in message

In any case, a little while ago the shower head started dripping when the
knob is turned to off. I replaced the seats and seals (? - two little
rubber gaskets and springs) yesterday, but this didn't stop the dripping.

Are there any other serviceable parts on this, or do I have to replace the
whole cartridge ($$$)?

Yes, the ball part that the seals go up against. Most times what you did
works, but this is step two for when it does not..

xnews user

Wow... did you have the original box/receipt, etc? I don't think I have
any of the packaging/documentation.

Thanks!

"PCK" wrote in
:

returned an old delta cartridge to Home Depot, plumbing guy gave me
one so i took it to the counter and
received it free. was on the computer as a lifetime warranty.
HD gotta love them

PCK

Actually wasn`t even my shower, did it for my accountant and he got it with
the house
probally more to do with Delta`s policy than Home Depot though
"xnews user" wrote in message

Wow... did you have the original box/receipt, etc? I don't think I have
any of the packaging/documentation.

Thanks!

"PCK" wrote in
:

returned an old delta cartridge to Home Depot, plumbing guy gave me
one so i took it to the counter and
received it free. was on the computer as a lifetime warranty.
HD gotta love them

MLD

"xnews user" wrote in message

Hi all,

I have a problem with my 6 year old Delta shower faucet. It's a single
handle (turn a little for cold, more for hot) type. It directly feeds the
showerhead - there's not another spout below it since it's in a shower
stall rather than a tub.

In any case, a little while ago the shower head started dripping when the
knob is turned to off. I replaced the seats and seals (? - two little
rubber gaskets and springs) yesterday, but this didn't stop the dripping.

Are there any other serviceable parts on this, or do I have to replace the
whole cartridge ($$$)?

Thanks!

Call Delta for help on the repair. If you have the model no. they will be
able to specify the repair kit that you need--in a lot of cases, they will
even send out the kit without any charge.
MLD

Looking for Delta shower faucet housign assy DesignGuy Home Repair 5 May 25th 05 03:28 PM
Delta faucet drip...drip...drip... orangetrader Home Repair 19 December 25th 04 09:55 PM
Delta faucet DebbieG Home Repair 5 October 29th 04 05:11 AM
Delta Monitor Shower Faucet Travis Home Repair 1 January 20th 04 03:56 PM
Problem with dripping tub / shower diverter Tamsen Home Repair 1 November 5th 03 08:36 AM