Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default fixing delta ball-type faucet - can't remove handle

wrote:
I want to fix the ball-type faucet in our tub. Since it drips from the
tub spout, I anticipate that I'll need to replace the ball (that
tightening the adjusting ring probably won't do it).

So I went to begin the job, and I could not remove the handle after
loosening the allen screw that holds on the handle. Even after
completely removing the allen screw, the handle would not pull off.

Any suggestions?

The handle is probably corroded tightly on.
Heating it is one way to loosen it, but that's
probably not practical.

You can remove the big nut and take the whole
assy out. The ball is the least likely part
to need replacement.

Have a look at Delta's site:
http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal
If you burrow deep enough there is some good
support info if you can identify the model.
Buy some parts *before* you take it apart.

Jim