Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whatever You Do --- Don't Buy a Craftsman Pressure Washer

You will expend so much energy cussing it, you might even have a
coronary.

I'm warning you. It is designed by unethical ghouls with a pump
guaranteed to fail within 10 hours of use, wheels guaranteed to fall
off the axles, and an engine warranted to take at least 20 minutes to
start. The pump, an engineering nightmare, has got to be made by
neanderthal knuckledraggers who are ex-Yugo factory workers in
Yugoslavia.

If you want your patience exhausted, your time wasted, your
frustrations so yanked and shaken to the point of such utter despair
that it almost breaks your heart-- in short, if you're a masochist ---
then buy one.
******************
Fascism should rightly be
called corporatism, as it is
the merger of state and
corporate power.
-- Benito Mussolini

Posted to alt.home.repair
twstanley

Odd, I have one, my father-in-law has one, a friend had one, .....
never had any of these problems you mention. Maybe you got a bad apple?

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"twstanley" wrote in message
ups.com...
Odd, I have one, my father-in-law has one, a friend had one, .....
never had any of these problems you mention. Maybe you got a bad apple?

Not sure about that model but on many, failure to turn on the water and
flush some through before powering the compressor can cause all sorts of
problems with the pressure switch. Some of these are very particular about
the turn on sequence. My experience is with electric models though.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Searcher

I have one myself, though I do have a problem with it, it seems to always
run out of gas right before I finish the job! I have a Craftsman clean and
carry, small lightweight and rather inexpensive. Thats what I use for my
deck washing business, last year I did about 80 decks and this srping I hope
to have those and more, still the same clean and carry. Hasn't failed me
yet! BTW, I own many MANY craftsman products, I bouhgt that damn extended
warranty on most of the expensive purchases, well they took my money on
those deals, the only two that I had a call into Sears for was my washer and
my table saw, both of those calls were for routine yearly checks! I gotta
stop buyin those warrantys, then maybe something will break!

Searcher

Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Thompson

Have had probs with mine too...but nowhere near the extreme that you
seem to have had.
Main aggravation is tech support....it seems to be close to zero.
Hard starting is p[rob but not a big one... I can deal with that...the
pump (not the gasolene engine )cycling off and on is more
aggravating...really get irritated at the fact that the mechanism for
adding soap or whatever to water from hose has never worked...local
store nor tech support seem to have no idea of how to remedy
that....nor have posts in the past on here on this topic gotten me any
help either...all that said it is still superior to the electric ones
(think thery were Karchers) that I previously had.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Welcome to my world

I have had problems with craftsman branded stuff many times. I refuse to buy
anything with the craftsman brand any more. i have gotten burned too many
times. Now you know. Sorry.
-

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try to find out who actually manufactured it and contact them directly!

Tech support and parts prices will be better too.

Sears service adds 35% to 50% for parts to the manufaxctuers list parts
price

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich256

No wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Except their tools. I had a very old Craftsman pocket knife where the
blade broke because of my doing something I should not have. I asked if
I could get a replacement. Since they no longer carried that model the
salesman told me to take my pick of any knife in the display.

Posted to alt.home.repair

i picked up 3 5hp sears pressure washer with vertical shaft engine on
garbage day in the rich hood. they all had bad gas clogging up the
carb.one had a broken clip area on the pump that holds pressure releife
valve in.i put a pipe plug in it so it has to be started and run with
the wand on or it will kill the engine..but hey, i cant complain getting
them for free. i have a 5.5 red honda with a cat pump that is great, but
i winterized it and am using the free ones till they give out... lucas