Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
mig

Default ? priming drywall

Hi,

This has probably been answered before but after googling it for this
group I couldn't find exactly what I needed.

I've put up the drywall in the basement, only on the walls.

I'm finished putting the mud on the nails and seams.

Here's my question:

I plan to put drywall 'texture' on the walls. Should I prime the
drywall with paint first?, then apply the texture?, and then paint
over the mud texture... or can I skip priming the drywall with paint
and just put on the mud texture and paint over that.

Thanks,

Mig