Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

Default ? priming drywall

Texture before prime. You can get a pleasant "roller stipple"
texture by mixing texture in the primer/paint. Most commercial
work is done this way. Heavy knock down type textures are done
with drywall compound after tape and bed.

I personally don't believe in primer. Multiple layers of paint
or even single coat back rolled paint can do the same thing. The
compound areas tend to absorb paint at a different rate than the
paper until the surface is sealed.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"mig" wrote in message
Hi,

This has probably been answered before but after googling it for
this
group I couldn't find exactly what I needed.

I've put up the drywall in the basement, only on the walls.

I'm finished putting the mud on the nails and seams.

Here's my question:

I plan to put drywall 'texture' on the walls. Should I prime
the
drywall with paint first?, then apply the texture?, and then
paint
over the mud texture... or can I skip priming the drywall with
paint
and just put on the mud texture and paint over that.

Thanks,

Mig