Posted to alt.home.repair
T. Stewart

Default ? priming drywall

"mig" wrote in message
Hi,

This has probably been answered before but after googling it for this
group I couldn't find exactly what I needed.

I've put up the drywall in the basement, only on the walls.

I'm finished putting the mud on the nails and seams.

Here's my question:

I plan to put drywall 'texture' on the walls. Should I prime the
drywall with paint first?, then apply the texture?, and then paint
over the mud texture... or can I skip priming the drywall with paint
and just put on the mud texture and paint over that.

Thanks,

Mig

On behalf of the next home owners (if it comes to that) yes prime the
drywall. Our bathroom had 7 layers of wallpaper and an unprimed drywall
base. We ended up pulling off some of the drywall with the wallpaper and
had to re-mud the entire bathroom drywall. Needless to say, we now have
learned two things:

1) we are never doing wall paper

and

2) always prime your drywall