Posted to alt.home.repair

Default house AC connection

one part of the house has no electricity AC. probably blown
fuse/circuit breaker trip. But I am not going to /or able to fix it
yet. If I take an long extension, connect one end 3 prong male to
the part of the house that has power, and the other end female to the
other part of the house, make a male and male connector . connect the
power to the wall socket of the house that does not have power, Will
it make the other part of the house live ? Assuming that I do not use
too much juice that will trip more circuit breaker.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Yes it would backfeed the dead circuit, however if the dead circuit became
live again, it could cause a dangerous situation

wrote in message
oups.com...
one part of the house has no electricity AC. probably blown
fuse/circuit breaker trip. But I am not going to /or able to fix it
yet. If I take an long extension, connect one end 3 prong male to
the part of the house that has power, and the other end female to the
other part of the house, make a male and male connector . connect the
power to the wall socket of the house that does not have power, Will
it make the other part of the house live ? Assuming that I do not use
too much juice that will trip more circuit breaker.

Posted to alt.home.repair

definetely a bad idea, better to run a extension cord for some lights,
or fix the open circuit.

your idea could be dangerous and might even cause a fire

Posted to alt.home.repair
BiloxiBoy

Not only a fire, but what about the poor soul who happens to walk in
that room, unplug the "HOT MALE", and not know it's hot. Youch!!!!!

B-A-D idea...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"BiloxiBoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not only a fire, but what about the poor soul who happens to walk in
that room, unplug the "HOT MALE", and not know it's hot. Youch!!!!!

That happened to my first wife. 'Cept she didn't unplug me. She just took a
baseball bat to me.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Im just curious why you cant or wont make the repair to the wiring and
have opted for porch monkey rigging.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joseph Meehan

do you have a relative tom meehan in pittsburgh pa sheraden? If so he
was my neighbor growing up, and last time I saw him he looked good
espically considering he is the very last of the neighbors still living
there. I am 49 so its a long time ago..

tom was is a heck of a nice guy and so is his wife. Sadly there
daughter disappered years ago and was featured on unsolved mysteries
with robert stack. she was never found

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

live and dangerous subject to reverse polarity it could knock out your
working circuit.
and dangerous to the electric company lineman.

Posted to alt.home.repair

if you know that the feed to the first outlet is damaged you would be
safest to temporarily run a new wire from the breaker box to the first
outlet. then do the repair properly as soon as possible.

otherwise just run an extension cord and use a power board for a
temporary fix.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Gideon

You may want to check out the website below and consider
whether you want to become a candidate:
http://www.darwinawards.com

FYI: Any arrangement of a power cord with male plugs at
both ends is called a suicide cord. Wanna guess why?

Posted to alt.home.repair
thehick

"Will it make the other part of the house live "

People like you are the reason the electrical code exists.
There are a million bad ways to run power. The fact that you
are smart enough to ask first is in your favor. Let's hope
this was a joke or if serious, that you didn't do such a thing.
....thehick

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Buying a house: Some questions Tony Home Ownership 8 August 17th 04 06:38 AM
Urgent: Going to buy a house with water in crawlspace Tom Home Repair 21 June 25th 04 04:00 AM
hot house in summer malcolm Home Repair 22 June 18th 04 10:15 PM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM