Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tiling only two walls?

I'm remodeling a bathroom with a corner (neo angle) shower. I'll be
tiling the corner shower up to the ceiling, and extending about 2
inches beyond the base.

I'm considering extending the tiling on one of those walls all the way
to the corner of the room. This would essentially provide tile on the
complete wall where the sink sits next to one side of the shower.
Anyone ever seen a bathroom done this way? Will it look odd? Would it
be better to do both walls completely? Or just end it just beyond the
shower base as I had originally planned?

Thanks for your opinions.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

you could take snapshots and sketch out this job in advance or just
pick out your favorite tile colors and have fun. don't forget
ventilation, heat, infrared lamp, radio, tv, medicine cabinet with dual
side lights for shaving, power, cable, gfi outlets, mirrors, grab bars
doubling as towel bars, magazine rack, comfortable washable rubberback
rugs, night lighting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, that's really helpful

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier

I just did a little renovation in my 6X5 master bath. Below are some
pics. Sorry if they are out of order, but basically I removed all of
the wallpaper and removed all of the mirror that was surrounding the
medicine cabinet. The new medicine cabinet was wider and a little
shorter , so I made the opening to the right size. But I also have a
corner shower and the tile goes a little past the base on both walls(
you cannot see the other wall, but it is similiar). I left the original
mirror backsplash because it was still in good shape. I also changed
the highhat above the shower to a light/fan combo.
This is just to give you some ideas:

http://bathreno.photosite.com/Bathroomreno/

Bathroom tiling - behind or around?! shaun UK diy 12 November 21st 05 09:16 PM
Bathrooms and Tiling Rope UK diy 6 August 7th 05 01:52 PM
tiling plaster walls. [email protected] Home Repair 5 December 12th 04 02:31 AM
Best possible insulation for 2x4 walls? _firstname_@lr_dot_los-gatos_dot_ca.us Home Ownership 4 January 24th 04 11:40 AM
indoor walls: spray paint or roll paint with rollers? Ari Shapiro Home Repair 3 November 17th 03 09:17 PM