Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Amor

Default Bathroom tiling - behind or around?!

I'm about to start tiling my renovated bathroom and was wondering what the
pro's and con's are of tiling behind installations (e.g. toilet cistern &
sink) vs. tiling around them. As far as I can see:

* Tiling behind:
+ easier to tile,

+ better sealing of the plaster away from splashing/condensation
+ more scope to move fittings/install new fittings without re-tiling
- more likelihood of broken tiles when drilling to mount the fittings

* Tiling around:
+ easier to mount fittings
- harder to tile
- harder to seal

Anyone got anything to add / any recommendations on how I should do it? At
present I think I'll go for the tile behind option.

Cheers,
James

Tiling bathroom floor Tom W UK diy 2 April 8th 05 09:49 AM
Bathroom tiling.. tarquinlinbin UK diy 6 March 4th 05 11:26 PM
Tiling a bathroom Lisci UK diy 2 January 11th 05 04:53 PM
Bathroom floor tiling question L Beck Home Repair 3 January 1st 04 06:31 PM
Tiling in Bathroom The Question Asker UK diy 3 July 19th 03 12:01 AM