Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Default Garage Door Opener Question

I have two 9 foot Raynor Model 170-7 1/3 HP chain-drive garage door
openers (both of which are in excellent condition); they were installed
in 1994. The receiver/transmitters originally installed were
manufactured by Intercontinental Dynamic Corp. are are know as the ESP
Micom Universal Transmitter and Receiver.

Frankly, I've never liked the transmitters, and would like to install a
new receiver/transmitter system on the existing openers. The existing
receiver electrically connects to the opener's terminal strip with
spade lugs on the receiver. What options do I have?

Thanks,
Don

Posted to alt.home.repair

sears sells replacement transmitters and control box receiver which can
connect to your openers.

but at the age of your openers you might be better off replacing them
espically if they dont have the infrared safety detectors that look for
obstructions at about 6 inches off the ground

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Yes, they do have the infrared sensors at the 6 inch level from the
garage floor. The openers have hardly been used, as we have only
started to use our garage for cars in the last couple of years! Sound
familiar??

Posted to alt.home.repair

last time I looked at replacement control sets they cost over half the
price of a new opener.

parts always cost more than a new whatever.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

the new radio security is improved on a new opener. try the rubber belt
driven model it's really much quieter than the chain model.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Well, with the help of Google, I've answered my own question. I bought
a LiftMaster Security + rolling code receiver with transmitter (remote
control) which interfaces perfectly with the Raynor operator. I was
able to purchase a separate receiver & transmitter for each door for
$45 each, much less than new operators.

Posted to alt.home.repair
g.a.miller

On 9 Jan 2006 11:50:56 -0800, "Don" wrote:

I have two 9 foot Raynor Model 170-7 1/3 HP chain-drive garage door
openers (both of which are in excellent condition); they were installed
in 1994. The receiver/transmitters originally installed were
manufactured by Intercontinental Dynamic Corp. are are know as the ESP
Micom Universal Transmitter and Receiver.

Frankly, I've never liked the transmitters, and would like to install a
new receiver/transmitter system on the existing openers. The existing
receiver electrically connects to the opener's terminal strip with
spade lugs on the receiver. What options do I have?

Thanks,
Don

Don Contact me at so I can help you. Anthony at
Anthonys Door Systems

at
http://www.TitanNews.com