Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Default Garage Door Opener Question

I have two 9 foot Raynor Model 170-7 1/3 HP chain-drive garage door
openers (both of which are in excellent condition); they were installed
in 1994. The receiver/transmitters originally installed were
manufactured by Intercontinental Dynamic Corp. are are know as the ESP
Micom Universal Transmitter and Receiver.

Frankly, I've never liked the transmitters, and would like to install a
new receiver/transmitter system on the existing openers. The existing
receiver electrically connects to the opener's terminal strip with
spade lugs on the receiver. What options do I have?

Thanks,
Don