Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

Default Reminder: Postage rates up Sunday

In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Christian Fox" wrote in message

Aside from stamps having NOTHING to do with home repair, this isn't an
American forum.
I'm pretty sure that people (like me) outside of the USA don't give a ****
about your
stamps being more expensive.

But with the rising cost we still won't be able to send you any gifts.
Sorry about that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:34:41 -0700, Christian Fox
wrote:

In article . net,
says...
In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Aside from stamps having NOTHING to do with home repair, this isn't an American forum.
I'm pretty sure that people (like me) outside of the USA don't give a **** about your
stamps being more expensive.

The next time you order condoms on Ebay, you will be paying more...
But please keep using the condoms so you dont reproduce !!!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:34:41 -0700, Christian Fox
wrote:

In article . net,
says...
In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Aside from stamps having NOTHING to do with home repair, this isn't an
American forum.
I'm pretty sure that people (like me) outside of the USA don't give a ****
about your
stamps being more expensive.

The next time you order condoms on Ebay, you will be paying more...
But please keep using the condoms so you dont reproduce !!!

LOL

Don't worry about him. He's just a ****ing foreigner WISHING he could live
in these United States.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:34:41 -0700, Christian Fox
wrote:

In article . net,
says...
In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Aside from stamps having NOTHING to do with home repair, this isn't an American forum.
I'm pretty sure that people (like me) outside of the USA don't give a **** about your
stamps being more expensive.

I appreciated the verification (it was in the local paper, but good to
hear from another source too). The message COULD have said it was US
postage.

Interesting that the post office chose a day when they don't pick up
mail...
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Christian Fox" wrote in message

Actually, I'm a proud Canadian, thrilled NOT to be living in the USA.

Good. Stay there.

Odd how you
describe people from other countries as "****ing foreigners".

I agree with yo there. The OP should not assume that you ****, when in fact,
perhaps you just jerk off.

I'll stay here in Canada,

That IS good news.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Mark Lloyd wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:34:41 -0700, Christian Fox
wrote:

In article . net,
says...

In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Aside from stamps having NOTHING to do with home repair, this isn't an American forum.
I'm pretty sure that people (like me) outside of the USA don't give a **** about your
stamps being more expensive.

I appreciated the verification (it was in the local paper, but good to
hear from another source too). The message COULD have said it was US
postage.

Interesting that the post office chose a day when they don't pick up
mail...

And if you will permit me my rant, the friggin' company I rent our
office postage meter from (Neopost) just charged me $95 for what looks
like 50 cents worth of "smart card" with new rate data in it to let it
pick the right amount of postage when mail is plopped onto it's little
attached scale.

It might not be *such* a big screwing if the damn scale weighed stuff
beyond 13 ounces and let you choose between first class, priority, media
mail and parcel post. But all it does is first class postage, you have
to do the other kinds manually.

If it wuz just me I'd go back to using our old $10 mechanical scale with
the rates printed on the dial and punch the postage amount into the
postage meter myself. But our two office assistants are used to the
scale doing the setting and it would be lousy P.R. for me to tell them
they had to go back to "doing it by hand" again.

Neopost must laugh all the way to the bank raking in what's probably at
least $85 of pure profit from all their tens of thousands of scale users
evertime there's a postage rate increase.

Thanks, I feel better now...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"Christian Fox" wrote in message
In article W6_vf.471539$084.178782@attbi_s22, says...
How's that GST these days?

The amount I pay in GST in a year is still far less than the average
amount a typical
American pays for private health insurance.

How are the American wars doing? You seem to have an ongoing "war on
drugs" and a newer
"war on terror". Any end in sight to either of them?

The USA prides itself on being a "peaceful" country, yet you spend more on
your military
than China, Russia, France, the UK, Germany, Italy, India, Japan, and
Saudi Arabia
COMBINED. In terms of raw military spending, those are the top ten
countries, with the
USA right on top.

Except for China, I didn't know those other countries HAD a military. China
does it all on manpower--they don't need any expensive high-tech equipment
other than a few swords. What is Canada's military? Just a few fags
dressed up in queer-looking red uniforms riding around on horses?

I pay $112 a year for private health insurance. That equals what--about $24
in Canada?

Actually, I feel sorry for you. I know several Canadians, and they are all
either alcoholics or are suffering from bi-polar disorder. I guess that is
what happens when you have that nasty beer to drink and eat that mad-cow
beef.

You sound like a Newfie. Folks in Ontario are basically Americans because
everyone knows that Ontario will soon be the 51st state.

Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

Christian Fox wrote:
I'll stay here in Canada, where I get good quality, publicly-funded health care

According to GE, who makes them, there are more MRI machines in Seattle than
in the whole of Canada.

and don't have to worry about getting shot.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Columnists/Robinson_Ian/2006/01/08/1383775.html
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/nation/13577287.htm
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Render&c=Article&cid=1136675412574&call_pageid=968 332188492
http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=hamilton/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1136589013224&call_pag eid=1020420665036&col=1014656511815

Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

Christian Fox wrote:
Bubba says...
Or in your Canadian case, it should be alt.igloo.repair

Better an igloo than the shacks along highways that many Americans seem to live in.

You must have great welfare up there to be making fun of our working poor.
Most Canucks I know aren't elitist pigs like you, so you must have picked
it up being a US liberal before you dodged the draft.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Steve Kraus wrote:
In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Thanks for telling me just after the Post Office closed!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"Christian Fox" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
And to Christian....I hope you don't bash all US citizens.

Many Americans are sensible, reasonable, friendly people. It's the
politics and foreign
policy down there that tend to draw the ire of Canadians.

Jealous?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ali

Man, you Canadians can shut any American hole any time in seconds. Good
job. Poor Americans can't get a break from anyone. LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ali

Man, you Canadians can shut any American hole any time in seconds. Good
job. Poor Americans can't get a break from anyone. LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Reminder: Postage rates up on January 16th

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:42:15 -0700, Christian Fox
wrote:

In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory here in Canada, the
basic domestic letter price (0 - 30g) will increase by one cent, from $0.50 to $0.51 on
January 16, 2006.

Just a service to the public of UseNet. I'm sure that lots of Canadians come here to
read about home repair, and our friends in other countries must be clamouring to get this
information as well.

I'm in the US, and liked getting a notice of their postage increase.
That one is today (and to 39 cents), strange the postal service picked
today, they don't work on Sunday.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

wrote:

In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory here in
Canada, the
basic domestic letter price (0 - 30g) will increase by one cent, from
$0.50 to $0.51 on
January 16, 2006.

Just a service to the public of UseNet. I'm sure that lots of Canadians
come here to
read about home repair, and our friends in other countries must be
clamouring to get this
information as well.

I'm in the US, and liked getting a notice of their postage increase.
That one is today (and to 39 cents), strange the postal service picked
today, they don't work on Sunday.

Yeah. Strange.

About as strange as canada picking January 16th. Most of them NEVER work.
They live off government handouts.

Go figure.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
I'm in the US, and liked getting a notice of their postage increase.
That one is today (and to 39 cents), strange the postal service picked
today, they don't work on Sunday.

That is why they chose today. Makes for a clean cutoff day from old to new.

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Christian Fox wrote:

Last I checked, my country (Canada) sent more aid to the USA last
year than it received from the USA. We're the ones sending YOU the
gifts...

You didn't get hit with a ballistic missle last year, did you? Thank BMEWS
(Ballistic Missle Early Warning System) and the DEW Line (Distant Early
Warning). While Canada participates in both systems, the Canadian component
is usually confined to post support (mowing the grass, etc.).

Private enterprise in the US sent thousands upon thousands of guns to Canada
last year. Again, many people feel safer knowing they can now defend
themselves. Like the missle warning systems above, you can't really put a
price on preservation.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:22:09 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
I'm in the US, and liked getting a notice of their postage increase.
That one is today (and to 39 cents), strange the postal service picked
today, they don't work on Sunday.

That is why they chose today. Makes for a clean cutoff day from old to new.

So the postal service is incapable of changing quickly without getting
confused?
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Christian Fox wrote:

You've posted twenty times in this thread. That's about an eighth of
your entire posting history. Are you winning yet? Isn't there
something else you'd rather be doing?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Christian Fox wrote:

Nah. Bashing America is the second Canadian national pastime (the first is hockey).

I have nothing against Canada, I'm just pointing out something for
Vivica here. When was the last time that a Canadian team won the
Stanley Cup? I imagine you'll point to the Olympics or World Hockey
Championships as proof of Canada's dominance, but recall Canada
wouldn't have won anything since the late 50's if the meddling USA
didn't meddle with the USSR and take down the Iron Curtain.

As far as bashing America, you're an amateur and an untalented one at
that. We do a far better job of it ourselves than you ever could, so
what's the point?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"3rd eye" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:34:41 -0700, Christian Fox
wrote:

In article . net,
says...
In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

, this isn't an American forum.
I'm pretty sure that people (like me) outside of the USA don't give a ****
about your
stamps being more expensive.

So you turned this thread into your own little political forum.
You got it rolling with an attack on the american public.
Then ,after someone spoke nicely to you, it all came out.
You are a liberal & hate Bush.
Wah.
Reminds me of a child- wanting to start an argument- sung to the
tune...
"My country is better than your's is".

Your words.
Aside from stamps having NOTHING to do with home repair

Canada needs the U.S.- The U.S. needs Canada.
Nations don't have friends, they have interests.

**** you. Take it elsewhere. This -is- as you said, a home repair n/g
Thanks for your valuable contributions to the home repair group.

Don't feed the trolls. Just kill file him. He'll go away.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"3rd eye" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:34:41 -0700, Christian Fox
wrote:

In article . net,
says...
[...]

I agree. **** HIM!!

He's not even Canadian anyway. He's a 19 year old transvestite troll living
in momma's basement in Alabama.

I know because I did his/her mom!!!

I got a thing for crack whores....

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Christian Fox wrote:

says...
I have nothing against Canada, I'm just pointing out something for
Vivica here. When was the last time that a Canadian team won the
Stanley Cup? I imagine you'll point to the Olympics or World Hockey
Championships as proof of Canada's dominance,

Actually, I'd point out that Canadians have won plenty of Stanley cups in the past 20
years. Take a look at American hockey teams, and oddly you'll find tons of Canadian
players.

As to the Canadian teams, part of the problem (which seems to be improved in the 'new'
NHL) is that there hasn't been parity between the teams, payroll-wise. Large-market
teams were able to lure good players because they had fat payrolls, leaving the smaller-
market teams (including most of Canada) left in the lurch.

Is this whole thing about Money = Bad? That does seem to be what
you're saying in almost everything you wrote so far.

How's this: money sucks, the US sucks because it has money. About sum
it up for you?

but recall Canada
wouldn't have won anything since the late 50's if the meddling USA
didn't meddle with the USSR and take down the Iron Curtain.

In 1972, long before the fall of the Iron Curtain, Canada beat the USSR in the Summit
Series.

You point to something that happened 34 years ago as proof of...of what
exactly? Nevermind, it doesn't matter.

I still don't understand exactly what button of yours got pushed by
someone posting something a bit off topic. You're the one that
over-reacted and started this stupid tit-for-tat campaign.

Do you feel better for venting? Are you winning yet? Please note,
those are rhetorical questions

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On 8 Jan 2006 02:27:55 -0800, "RicodJour"
wrote:

Steve Kraus wrote:
In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Thanks for telling me just after the Post Office closed!

I know someone who says you should always keep 1-cent stamps. Then
you're prepared for any increase.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
George

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:34:41 -0700, Christian Fox
wrote:

In article . net,
says...
In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever
the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and
additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Aside from stamps having NOTHING to do with home repair,

Anything has some (possibly small but NEVER zero) connection with
anything else. You could need to use proper postage when paying your
credit card bill (after using it to buy home repair things).

this isn't an American forum.
I'm pretty sure that people (like me) outside of the USA don't give a **** about your
stamps being more expensive.

It isn't non-American either. It there's any postage increases in
Australia or Greece, you can post those too.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod & Betty Jo

"Christian Fox" wrote in message
I think the reason most Canadians don't worry about being hit with
missiles is that we
don't have extremists intent on attacking us. Our foreign policies tend
to help, rather
than dominate, foreign nations.

That is a good point that most Americans should at least listen to..... Let
the world despots and murderers have a free reign, don't bother them or in
any way impede their lustful conquests. Historically this has always worked
out very well..... as long as either you have a desire to be a eventual
victim or there is a USA to eventually bail out your sorry Ass.......Rod

PS.....Just curious what foreign policy do you currently have that has
impacted the world in any meaningful sense? You do realize that you possess
not enough power, prestige nor influence to impact virtually any country of
the world no matter how poor or evil?