Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod & Betty Jo

Default Reminder: Postage rates up Sunday

"Christian Fox" wrote in message
Perhaps, but most would say that the care given to those who can't pay is
considerably
better in Canada than in the USA.

Not true at all....rationed care (your system) hurts the poor as well as the
not so poor.......our surplus of expensive imaging devices get used by the
poor..... they just don't pay for it

Medical care in Canada isn't "free" - it's publicly funded and available
to everybody.
Put another way, you don't need to have a good job and good insurance to
get good medical
care.

Nor do you here.....I had a non insured cousin whom choose to play the
horses instead of buy medical insurance.....with Kidney cancer he received
full ,medical treatment including surgery, radiation and a eventual nursing
home.....regrettably Kidney cancer often as not is terminal...he did gain 10
years with his non insured treatment though.

I had a thought regarding cross-border medical shopping. If so many
Canadians go to the
USA for elective surgery, one might also wonder why so many Americans come
to Canada (or
shop online) for prescription medications... If people in the USA have
such good health
care and medical insurance, it shouldn't matter that the drugs cost more
down there,
should it?

Duh!!!! ......The USA developed/invented owned drugs are sold at a lower
price to the Canadian government(single buyer) than to our multitude of
smaller pharmacies (purchasers).......include a bit of currency manipulation
and for certain drugs that we sell you some individuals from here can buy
them cheaper there than here....Our drug companies simply sell cheaper to
you than they do to us......regrettably such anomalies will be temporary and
cannot stand the test of full potential volume......flawed or otherwise that
our system may be ..... how many life saving drugs has your system on its
own developed? Rod