Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair
Joey

Default Average rates charged?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 08:28:03 -0800, brkglass wrote:

Hello,

I'm training (PCDI) to become a locksmith and I'm currently half way
through the certification and already have my business licence.

Excellent!
Keep plugging along!

I live in the South East are of the US and was wondering what are the
average rates charged for a lockout during normal business hours, after
hours, weekends, holiday's etc. Any help appreciated.

As much as the suckers, er clients will pay.
Remember when it comes to lockouts you have the fish on the line and there
is nothing he can do.
That's when you really soak em'.

On holidays, double your rates and make sure you take your time getting
there so the sucker thinks you are very busy and that they aren't the only
person stupid enough to lock their keys in the car.

BTW Holidays don't have to be major ones like Xmas and so forth.
Anything, the founding of the girl scouts, May day, start of kwanzza,
anything you can even remotely consider a holiday gets double rates.

Locksmithing is one profession where you can roll'em and clip'em all day
long and go home with your pockets full!

Good luck and happy fleecing!

You can email me directly at .

Thanks,

Jack

Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair

Smart home owners will compare your charges against the expense of
replacing
a broken window glass (he can always break one and climb up the
window).

Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair
goma865

Smart homeowners will get spares made so they don't have to break glass
in the first place.