Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Bob Alan

Default Carrier Synergy 2000 - Is it obsolete?

Was planning on buying a Carrier Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP

http://www.croppmetcalfe.com/CM/38YDA.htm

One of the 38YDA models is a match for my indoor unit. Was told by a
dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean Dec 31 2005 would
have been last chance to get unit.

Anyone know if dealer is correct and if so, what happened to it?

Thanks

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Power's Mechanical

Was told by a
dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean Dec 31 2005
would
have been last chance to get unit.

xxxx

Its true. That ****ing bush did it. Its part of the GOPs master plan
to bring the working man down and keep him there. ****ing neocons.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Oscar_Lives

"Power's Mechanical" wrote in message
ups.com...
Was told by a
dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean Dec 31 2005
would
have been last chance to get unit.

xxxx

Its true. That ****ing bush did it. Its part of the GOPs master plan
to bring the working man down and keep him there. ****ing neocons.

No, Democraps want to make the working man dependent on the government and
hold him down by creating a helpless parasite.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
SQLit

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Was planning on buying a Carrier Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP

http://www.croppmetcalfe.com/CM/38YDA.htm

One of the 38YDA models is a match for my indoor unit. Was told by a
dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean Dec 31 2005 would
have been last chance to get unit.

Anyone know if dealer is correct and if so, what happened to it?

Thanks

Bob

While it is true that the lower SEER for new installs are going away. The
replacement of equipment was not on the chopping block as far as I know. The
link you provided is for a 16 seer unit, YDA. Some how I can not believe
that Carrier is stopping production of those, yet.

Try Carrier direct in the morning. Unless your in the biz some dealers are
less than helpful.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural

Power's Mechanical wrote:

Was told by a dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean
Dec 31 2005 would have been last chance to get unit.

Its true. That ****ing bush did it. Its part of the GOPs master plan
to bring the working man down and keep him there. ****ing neocons.

Continue dissing George II, and you may end up with the 82 "detainees" BBC
News says are on a hunger strike and being force-fed with nasal tubes while
they are held at Guantanomo Bay indefinitely without benefit of lawyers nor
knowledge of the charges against them, 80% of which are TOP SECRET.

Will somebody please give him a blow job so we can impeach him?

was voted the most popular sign at a recent DC peace march :-)

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
CBHVAC

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Was planning on buying a Carrier Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP

http://www.croppmetcalfe.com/CM/38YDA.htm

One of the 38YDA models is a match for my indoor unit. Was told by a
dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean Dec 31 2005 would
have been last chance to get unit.

Bull****.

Jan 1, 06, the new 13 SEER regulations go into effect, but you can buy
whatever is left over, for as long as its left over.

Anyone know if dealer is correct and if so, what happened to it?

Thanks

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Dr. Hardcrab

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Was planning on buying a Carrier Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP

http://www.croppmetcalfe.com/CM/38YDA.htm

One of the 38YDA models is a match for my indoor unit. Was told by a
dealer new Gov't reg's coming into effect for 2006 mean Dec 31 2005 would
have been last chance to get unit.

Anyone know if dealer is correct and if so, what happened to it?

Thanks

Every couple of years Carrier changes the name of their systems. They had
"Weathermaker" and "Silencer" series. Now they have "Performance" and uh,
um, "Comfort" series.

The Synergy 2000 (and to think someone gets paid big money to come up with
them) came out about 5 or 6 years ago. I don't even think they make them
anymore (at least they aren't in my book).

If you are looking for a high SEER, 2 speed unit, go with the Infinity
System (17 SEER in the heat pump).

http://www.residential.carrier.com/r...SMSESSION=N O

If you are in Southern PG or Charles county, give me a call...

;-]

(Cropp has a pretty good reputation. Not putting them down)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Bob Alan

Well Dr. Hardcrab - Turns out you're right on the money

The Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP is ID as 38YDA
The Infinity 17i 2-Spd is 38YDB

Clearly does look like exactly what you described. Minor tech change and a
major marketing name change.

Also explains wht SQLit said about it not making sense that the Synergy
would be removed when it has good EER ratings. It wasn't really removed.

I've since looked at the product data sheet. The specs are very similar.

Thanks for the rational responses

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Dr. Hardcrab

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Well Dr. Hardcrab - Turns out you're right on the money

The Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP is ID as 38YDA
The Infinity 17i 2-Spd is 38YDB

Clearly does look like exactly what you described. Minor tech change and
major marketing name change.

Also explains wht SQLit said about it not making sense that the Synergy
would be removed when it has good EER ratings. It wasn't really removed.

I've since looked at the product data sheet. The specs are very similar.

Thanks for the rational responses

Carrier has Infinity. York has Affinity.

Give 'em time.....they'll change the name again......

;-]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
CBHVAC

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Well Dr. Hardcrab - Turns out you're right on the money

The Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP is ID as 38YDA
The Infinity 17i 2-Spd is 38YDB

Clearly does look like exactly what you described. Minor tech change and
major marketing name change.

Also explains wht SQLit said about it not making sense that the Synergy
would be removed when it has good EER ratings. It wasn't really
removed.

I've since looked at the product data sheet. The specs are very similar.

Thanks for the rational responses

Carrier has Infinity. York has Affinity.

Give 'em time.....they'll change the name again......

;-]

Yea, another 5 years...or when one or the other sues the other one...LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Dr. Hardcrab

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Well Dr. Hardcrab - Turns out you're right on the money

The Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP is ID as 38YDA
The Infinity 17i 2-Spd is 38YDB

Clearly does look like exactly what you described. Minor tech change
and a
major marketing name change.

Also explains wht SQLit said about it not making sense that the Synergy
would be removed when it has good EER ratings. It wasn't really
removed.

I've since looked at the product data sheet. The specs are very
similar.

Thanks for the rational responses

Carrier has Infinity. York has Affinity.

Give 'em time.....they'll change the name again......

;-]

Yea, another 5 years...or when one or the other sues the other one...LOL

Or a Japanese company buys them out and calls the line "Happy Dragon".....

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
CBHVAC

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Well Dr. Hardcrab - Turns out you're right on the money

The Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP is ID as 38YDA
The Infinity 17i 2-Spd is 38YDB

Clearly does look like exactly what you described. Minor tech change
and a
major marketing name change.

Also explains wht SQLit said about it not making sense that the Synergy
would be removed when it has good EER ratings. It wasn't really
removed.

I've since looked at the product data sheet. The specs are very
similar.

Thanks for the rational responses

Carrier has Infinity. York has Affinity.

Give 'em time.....they'll change the name again......

;-]

Yea, another 5 years...or when one or the other sues the other one...LOL

Or a Japanese company buys them out and calls the line "Happy Dragon".....

Ahh...so you want the Happy Dragon to bring warmth and happy feelings to
your living area.
With new and improved color design, our unit bring much joy and ching shein
to your happy home.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Dr. Hardcrab

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
Chan is a Chinese name. Pretty soon you'll have to go to Beijing for a
factory tour

Hey! We all look the same to them.....

;-]
..

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Stormin Mormon

Ah, those round eyes..... all the same.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
. ..
Chan is a Chinese name. Pretty soon you'll have to go to Beijing for a
factory tour

Hey! We all look the same to them.....

;-]
..

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Tekkie®

Dr. Hardcrab posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Well Dr. Hardcrab - Turns out you're right on the money

The Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP is ID as 38YDA
The Infinity 17i 2-Spd is 38YDB

Clearly does look like exactly what you described. Minor tech change and
major marketing name change.

Also explains wht SQLit said about it not making sense that the Synergy
would be removed when it has good EER ratings. It wasn't really removed.

I've since looked at the product data sheet. The specs are very similar.

Thanks for the rational responses

Carrier has Infinity. York has Affinity.

Give 'em time.....they'll change the name again......

;-]

How about the Hemorrhoid® line - for the pain in the asses?
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don't know and I don't care...

Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
PrecisionMechanical

" Bob Alan" wrote in message
Well Dr. Hardcrab - Turns out you're right on the money

The Synergy 2000 2-Spd HP is ID as 38YDA
The Infinity 17i 2-Spd is 38YDB

Clearly does look like exactly what you described. Minor tech change

and
major marketing name change.

Also explains wht SQLit said about it not making sense that the Synergy
would be removed when it has good EER ratings. It wasn't really

removed.

I've since looked at the product data sheet. The specs are very

similar.

Thanks for the rational responses

Carrier has Infinity. York has Affinity.

Give 'em time.....they'll change the name again......

McQuay has already taken "Enfinity"...

--

SVL

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
JoBob

The 38YDs are still available. They are 38YDBs now, but it's still the
same thing. The one available now has a Bristol compressor in it. They
are coming out with another one, maybe in the summer of 2006, with a
Copeland compressor that has a higher SEER rating. Either way, you can
get a 38YD now and in the future. It is the 38YCC and 38EYG that are
being phased out.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Dr. Hardcrab

"JoBob" wrote in message
oups.com...
The 38YDs are still available. They are 38YDBs now, but it's still the
same thing. The one available now has a Bristol compressor in it. They
are coming out with another one, maybe in the summer of 2006, with a
Copeland compressor that has a higher SEER rating. Either way, you can
get a 38YD now and in the future. It is the 38YCC and 38EYG that are
being phased out.

The new Carrier book I have doesn't list ANY 38s. All of the new model
numbers start with 24 or 25 (and I think they are ugly! Of course, it's only
a B&W picture right now....)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
JoBob

They ARE changing all the model #s. Something to do with inventory, to
reduce on the number of mis-shipments. For now, we are still ordering
the 38YDBs as 38YDBs; they are still in stock. I am sure they will be
changing the model number this year, but for now you can still get a
38YDB. And even after that, it will still be the dual-stage compressor,
the same unit, maybe a different cabinet and a new model...but
basically still the same thing.

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"JoBob" wrote in message
oups.com...
The 38YDs are still available. They are 38YDBs now, but it's still the
same thing. The one available now has a Bristol compressor in it. They
are coming out with another one, maybe in the summer of 2006, with a
Copeland compressor that has a higher SEER rating. Either way, you can
get a 38YD now and in the future. It is the 38YCC and 38EYG that are
being phased out.

The new Carrier book I have doesn't list ANY 38s. All of the new model
numbers start with 24 or 25 (and I think they are ugly! Of course, it's only
a B&W picture right now....)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Red Neckerson

Yew all don't know what in THE hell you are talkin' about!!!

My middle name is Carrier!

No....wait a minute.......that's my blood donor card......

That's why they don't let me donate blood no more....

"JoBob" wrote in message
ups.com...
They ARE changing all the model #s. Something to do with inventory, to
reduce on the number of mis-shipments. For now, we are still ordering
the 38YDBs as 38YDBs; they are still in stock. I am sure they will be
changing the model number this year, but for now you can still get a
38YDB. And even after that, it will still be the dual-stage compressor,
the same unit, maybe a different cabinet and a new model...but
basically still the same thing.

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
oups.com...