Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred Garvin

Default Whirlpool washer with 2 problems

I have a Whirlpool top loading washer, from 1999, it is model LSQ9264HQ0

It has two problems:

1. the water fill level on the largest load size needs adjustment - I have
always had to add a couple of gallons of water or so to get it to the right
level, this seems common on Whirlpool washers, how can I adjust the maximum
fill level? My friend had the same problem, he replaced the water level
switch, and the problem remained, so what I really need is a way to adjust
it, because it seems the factory parts are not quite in calibration.

2. the tub (which is floating by design) has a steep list to the left when
looking at the washer head on, it used to sit centered in the cabinet, what
do I need to replace to have it sit level again?

thanks for any help you can provide,

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:20:37 -0500, "Fred Garvin"
wrote:

I have a Whirlpool top loading washer, from 1999, it is model LSQ9264HQ0

It has two problems:

1. the water fill level on the largest load size needs adjustment - I have
always had to add a couple of gallons of water or so to get it to the right
level,

The right level? If you are a member of a religion, do you tell it
what the right god is?

If you're going to be a Whilpoolist, you have to accept their level.

this seems common on Whirlpool washers, how can I adjust the maximum
fill level? My friend had the same problem, he replaced the water level

Heretic!!!

switch, and the problem remained, so what I really need is a way to adjust
it, because it seems the factory parts are not quite in calibration.

2. the tub (which is floating by design) has a steep list to the left when
looking at the washer head on, it used to sit centered in the cabinet, what
do I need to replace to have it sit level again?

Lift up the lid, or take the front or back off, and see what is
broken or disconnected.

thanks for any help you can provide,

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff

There is no adjustment. It is straightforward to replace the switch. Make
sure the tube from the bottom of the tube fits firmly, else the tub will
overflow (sadly I know from experience)

"Fred Garvin" wrote in message
. ..
I have a Whirlpool top loading washer, from 1999, it is model LSQ9264HQ0

It has two problems:

1. the water fill level on the largest load size needs adjustment - I
have always had to add a couple of gallons of water or so to get it to the
right level, this seems common on Whirlpool washers, how can I adjust the
maximum fill level? My friend had the same problem, he replaced the
water level switch, and the problem remained, so what I really need is a
way to adjust it, because it seems the factory parts are not quite in
calibration.

2. the tub (which is floating by design) has a steep list to the left when
looking at the washer head on, it used to sit centered in the cabinet,
what do I need to replace to have it sit level again?

thanks for any help you can provide,

Problem with Whirlpool washer daler Home Repair 5 February 4th 05 12:37 AM
Maytag washer agitator problems? [email protected] Home Repair 2 January 16th 05 02:38 PM
whirlpool washer Sioux Home Ownership 0 January 12th 05 07:08 PM
change washer hookup --- but no shutoff valve in sight! fixhouse Home Repair 8 December 6th 04 02:57 PM
I bought a Neptune Washer west Electronics Repair 15 December 4th 03 06:10 PM