Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred Garvin

Default Whirlpool washer with 2 problems

I have a Whirlpool top loading washer, from 1999, it is model LSQ9264HQ0

It has two problems:

1. the water fill level on the largest load size needs adjustment - I have
always had to add a couple of gallons of water or so to get it to the right
level, this seems common on Whirlpool washers, how can I adjust the maximum
fill level? My friend had the same problem, he replaced the water level
switch, and the problem remained, so what I really need is a way to adjust
it, because it seems the factory parts are not quite in calibration.

2. the tub (which is floating by design) has a steep list to the left when
looking at the washer head on, it used to sit centered in the cabinet, what
do I need to replace to have it sit level again?

thanks for any help you can provide,