Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry

Default Mobilehome, UV protection, Kool KOAT?

In the low California desert in a mobilehome. Friend who is letting me
use it wants me to "reseal' [I guess is the term, or re-cover or ...
something] the roof. She gave me a note that reads " Kool Koat / roof /
UV protection ." I can't find anything on the web that matches Kool
Koat, 'cept for dog apparel and some gay sites. Anybody have any idea
what she was talking about? (And anything that helps cut down the
absorbtion of heat would be nice, too, since it gets to be 125 degrees
out here in the summer.)

Thank you people.

Harry

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"Harry" wrote in message
ups.com...
In the low California desert in a mobilehome. Friend who is letting me
use it wants me to "reseal' [I guess is the term, or re-cover or ...
something] the roof. She gave me a note that reads " Kool Koat / roof /
UV protection ." I can't find anything on the web that matches Kool
Koat, 'cept for dog apparel and some gay sites. Anybody have any idea
what she was talking about? (And anything that helps cut down the
absorbtion of heat would be nice, too, since it gets to be 125 degrees
out here in the summer.)

Thank you people.

Harry

Yea...if you are in Palm Springs area, hit Cat City, go to Lowes and ask for
Sno-Coat...or the like.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.koolseal.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Harry" wrote in message
ups.com...
In the low California desert in a mobilehome. Friend who is letting me
use it wants me to "reseal' [I guess is the term, or re-cover or ...
something] the roof. She gave me a note that reads " Kool Koat / roof /
UV protection ." I can't find anything on the web that matches Kool
Koat, 'cept for dog apparel and some gay sites. Anybody have any idea
what she was talking about? (And anything that helps cut down the
absorbtion of heat would be nice, too, since it gets to be 125 degrees
out here in the summer.)

Thank you people.

Harry

There are several manufactures of products that meet that criteria.

google mobile home roof coatings, you should get more than you need.

As for cooling the mobile home in the desert..... Maybe 10 degrees on a mild
day. You will never notice in the summer heat.