Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jean

Default painting baseboard, how to shield carpet

The baseboards in my house are flush with the slab and the carpet is
butted up against the baseboard. I need to repaint the baseboards to the
maximum possible depth. Does anyone have a tried method of getting the
carpet away from the baseboard so that as much baseboard as possible is
exposed?

I've tried a couple methods (wedging cardboard in between the baseboard
and wall, and wedging painter's tape in between the baseboard and wall)
but both methods take forever to do and don't really expose that much
more of the baseboard normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

Jean

"Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" david lang UK diy 7 November 20th 05 07:29 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Painting molding near carpet Doug Kanter Home Repair 16 July 6th 05 12:25 PM
Carpet problems, please help [email protected] Home Repair 11 January 10th 05 10:31 PM
What to do with Wet Carpet in a house? TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 4th 04 02:17 AM