Posted to alt.home.repair
Spam Me Knot

Default painting baseboard, how to shield carpet

HD or Lowes has long plastic shields that can be wedged between the
carpet and the baseboard to allow you to paint the entire surface.
works pretty well. jim

Jean wrote:

The baseboards in my house are flush with the slab and the carpet is
butted up against the baseboard. I need to repaint the baseboards to
the maximum possible depth. Does anyone have a tried method of getting
the carpet away from the baseboard so that as much baseboard as
possible is exposed?

I've tried a couple methods (wedging cardboard in between the
baseboard and wall, and wedging painter's tape in between the
baseboard and wall) but both methods take forever to do and don't
really expose that much more of the baseboard normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

Jean