Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Combs

Default painting baseboard, how to shield carpet

I missed earlier threads on this subject however, for years I've used either
a special carpet paint guide (curved piece of steel/aluminum about 12" long)
or a 6-8" wide plastering spatula.

"46erjoe" wrote in message
Lengths of vinyl siding. Sometimes you can get scrap pieces from
broken lots at Lowe's.

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 18:26:42 -0500, Jean wrotF:

The baseboards in my house are flush with the slab and the carpet is
butted up against the baseboard. I need to repaint the baseboards to the
maximum possible depth. Does anyone have a tried method of getting the
carpet away from the baseboard so that as much baseboard as possible is
exposed?

I've tried a couple methods (wedging cardboard in between the baseboard
and wall, and wedging painter's tape in between the baseboard and wall)
but both methods take forever to do and don't really expose that much
more of the baseboard normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated-

Jean