Posted to alt.home.repair
BUGSEY

Default Kenmore compact washer FRONT PANEL REMOVAL????????

Would someone out there enlighten me with this, I feel like a dumb ass,
I've spent an hour trying to get the front panel off a 10 year old
compact washer. I've got 3 sides off but the front won't budge. I can
see the 2 slots at the bottom where you drop the panel into and then
slide it sideways a half inch to lock it into place. The panel won't
slide sideways and up to remove it. Beside each slot I can also see
also a 1/4 inch hole which also seems to hold a 1/4 inch extension of
the panel and prevents sliding sidways. Therefore, if it can't slide
sideways, nor up and down, what do I do? Does it come off at all? I
need to repair part of the wiring harness which lies in front at the
bottom. I have a ton of experienc with these things but this one has
me stumped. Any help out there? Please!

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

http://fixitnow.com/wp/category/washer-repair/

http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_11.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

BUGSEY wrote:
Would someone out there enlighten me with this, I feel like a dumb ass,
I've spent an hour trying to get the front panel off a 10 year old
compact washer. I've got 3 sides off but the front won't budge. I can
see the 2 slots at the bottom where you drop the panel into and then
slide it sideways a half inch to lock it into place. The panel won't
slide sideways and up to remove it. Beside each slot I can also see
also a 1/4 inch hole which also seems to hold a 1/4 inch extension of
the panel and prevents sliding sidways. Therefore, if it can't slide
sideways, nor up and down, what do I do? Does it come off at all? I
need to repair part of the wiring harness which lies in front at the
bottom. I have a ton of experienc with these things but this one has
me stumped. Any help out there? Please!

Hi,

Kenmore 10 year old
compact washer

This does little to ID the washer since Kenmore is made by several
different companies....model#??

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
BUGSEY

....model#??
Hi, here's the info, it was on the lid that I took off and stashed
away, sorry not to have included it to begin with.
I see that on some other makes they build em with a back panel
that is meant to swing away to provide access but appears to possibly
not be removable. For now I may drill thru the two holes adjacent the
slots to make it possible to slide the front panel sideways but this
may affect the integrity of the thing. I can't believe that this front
panel is not removable in a non destructive way.
Model no:2070091 Serial no.cb3601814 Kenmore Compact washer, made
in canada, 24" wide.
Once again, much appreciated,
regards, BUGS

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

"BUGSEY" wrote in message
oups.com...
....model#??

Hi, here's the info, it was on the lid that I took off and stashed
away, sorry not to have included it to begin with.
I see that on some other makes they build em with a back panel
that is meant to swing away to provide access but appears to possibly
not be removable. For now I may drill thru the two holes adjacent the
slots to make it possible to slide the front panel sideways but this
may affect the integrity of the thing. I can't believe that this front
panel is not removable in a non destructive way.
Model no:2070091 Serial no.cb3601814 Kenmore Compact washer, made
in canada, 24" wide.
Once again, much appreciated,
regards, BUGS

Sears website says there is no such model.
There is usually a 3 digit number, then a decimal point, then the model
number.

Posted to alt.home.repair
BUGSEY

Hi Ed,
I sit corrected, I should have said #110.2070091.
I kind of found a work around, I leaned forward the panel about 6
inches and pulled out the wire harness that had 3 severed wires from
being pinched by the suspension.
I would still like to know how to get that front panel off !
Any thoughts as to how these new models compare to the old belt
drive ones (this one seems to be direct drive). I know that the old
ones were totally reparable and the pump for example was less that $20
bucks. This Kenmore looks like a semi-disposable piece of work, I hope
I'm wrong.

regards, BUGS

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

"BUGSEY" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Ed,
I sit corrected, I should have said #110.2070091.
I kind of found a work around, I leaned forward the panel about 6
inches and pulled out the wire harness that had 3 severed wires from
being pinched by the suspension.
I would still like to know how to get that front panel off !
Any thoughts as to how these new models compare to the old belt
drive ones (this one seems to be direct drive). I know that the old
ones were totally reparable and the pump for example was less that $20
bucks. This Kenmore looks like a semi-disposable piece of work, I hope
I'm wrong.

regards, BUGS

Still comes up empty.
http://www3.sears.com/

This site will provide exploded views of your machine if you can get it to
come up.

It sounds like a Whirlpool though. On many, but not all, of the compacts
there is a screw that goes through the side panels into the front panel, the
top has to be raised to see them. These need to be removed. After removing
the screws you pull straight up on the panel to release it from the two
retaining clips, one on each side.

The direct drive models are easy to repair and usually have a longer life
than the old belt drive models. The biggest problem with the belt drive
models before the switch to direct drive was tub corrosion. This was
corrected with the new design by switching to a plastic outer tub.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Ed wrote:
"BUGSEY" wrote in message
[...]

Hi all,

110.2070091

Canadian model numbers are not online for the most parts...esp dept
store ones

A place that can likely help with some info...give them a call or
email....
http://www.appliance411.ca/promo/ads.shtml?amann

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid