Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

Default Kenmore compact washer FRONT PANEL REMOVAL????????

"BUGSEY" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Ed,
I sit corrected, I should have said #110.2070091.
I kind of found a work around, I leaned forward the panel about 6
inches and pulled out the wire harness that had 3 severed wires from
being pinched by the suspension.
I would still like to know how to get that front panel off !
Any thoughts as to how these new models compare to the old belt
drive ones (this one seems to be direct drive). I know that the old
ones were totally reparable and the pump for example was less that $20
bucks. This Kenmore looks like a semi-disposable piece of work, I hope
I'm wrong.

regards, BUGS

Still comes up empty.
http://www3.sears.com/

This site will provide exploded views of your machine if you can get it to
come up.

It sounds like a Whirlpool though. On many, but not all, of the compacts
there is a screw that goes through the side panels into the front panel, the
top has to be raised to see them. These need to be removed. After removing
the screws you pull straight up on the panel to release it from the two
retaining clips, one on each side.

The direct drive models are easy to repair and usually have a longer life
than the old belt drive models. The biggest problem with the belt drive
models before the switch to direct drive was tub corrosion. This was
corrected with the new design by switching to a plastic outer tub.