Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Default Kenmore compact washer FRONT PANEL REMOVAL????????

BUGSEY wrote:
Would someone out there enlighten me with this, I feel like a dumb ass,
I've spent an hour trying to get the front panel off a 10 year old
compact washer. I've got 3 sides off but the front won't budge. I can
see the 2 slots at the bottom where you drop the panel into and then
slide it sideways a half inch to lock it into place. The panel won't
slide sideways and up to remove it. Beside each slot I can also see
also a 1/4 inch hole which also seems to hold a 1/4 inch extension of
the panel and prevents sliding sidways. Therefore, if it can't slide
sideways, nor up and down, what do I do? Does it come off at all? I
need to repair part of the wiring harness which lies in front at the
bottom. I have a ton of experienc with these things but this one has
me stumped. Any help out there? Please!

Hi,

Kenmore 10 year old
compact washer

This does little to ID the washer since Kenmore is made by several
different companies....model#??

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid