Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
MACE

Default Sears/Craftsman Warranty - Snow Blowers

I have a 3 year old Craftsman 24 inch/5.5HP snowblower where I could
never get the bolt off the oil tube, to change the oil

I asked for advice this at my local Sears store and their main man
(John) in Lawn and Garden admitted it can be a problem but to use
vice-grips to hold the tube while also using a wrench to loosen the
bolt.

Past two seasons following the above advice...nothing, still can't
loosen the bolt.

Well, tried it again this morning and snap....the oil tube broke right
out of the engine housing.

I called Sears to question the warranty on this and their 'Sunday' help
could only offer me to call back tomorrow when John is back in or to
call Service when they open Monday morning.

To prepare for the worst, anyone aware of what type of warranty or
coverage will I have to get the oil tube fixed?

FWFW, when they look at the blower they'll see its in really good
shape, like most in my area, it gets used maybe 4-5 time at most a
season.

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

SONY Warning on Warranty Greg Electronics Repair 22 December 3rd 05 05:38 PM
Snow Blower - Made in China [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 24th 05 03:36 AM
Snow Blowers John F. Home Repair 19 October 20th 05 02:25 PM
Cordless drills Alan Woodworking 33 November 21st 03 07:12 PM
The New Ridgid power tool Warranty Leon Woodworking 0 November 3rd 03 07:27 PM