Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears/Craftsman Warranty - Snow Blowers

MACE wrote:
I have a 3 year old Craftsman 24 inch/5.5HP snowblower where I could
never get the bolt off the oil tube, to change the oil

I asked for advice this at my local Sears store and their main man
(John) in Lawn and Garden admitted it can be a problem but to use
vice-grips to hold the tube while also using a wrench to loosen the
bolt.

Past two seasons following the above advice...nothing, still can't
loosen the bolt.

Well, tried it again this morning and snap....the oil tube broke right
out of the engine housing.

I called Sears to question the warranty on this and their 'Sunday' help
could only offer me to call back tomorrow when John is back in or to
call Service when they open Monday morning.

To prepare for the worst, anyone aware of what type of warranty or
coverage will I have to get the oil tube fixed?

FWFW, when they look at the blower they'll see its in really good
shape, like most in my area, it gets used maybe 4-5 time at most a
season.

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

A chunk of pipe busted off in a hole is easy to get out. Go get
yourself some easy-outs and get on with it.
http://www.toolprice.com/product/1219A