Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get staples

I was at an auction the other day and came home with an air powered
staple gun. Not one that shoots those little staples like you desk
stapler, but shoots 2 inch long staples. I see these used on pallets,
and often in construction. Using my small air compressor which is
just a basic tire filler, I shot a staple thru a 2x4 and it came out
the other side. Lots of power there.
The best part, I bought it for 50 cents.

But there were only a few staples in it and now that I used them all
up just playing. Where can I buy staples for these things?

The brand of the stapler is Bostitch.

Mark
Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Cleburne

wrote in message
news
I was at an auction the other day and came home with an air powered
staple gun. Not one that shoots those little staples like you desk
stapler, but shoots 2 inch long staples. I see these used on pallets,
and often in construction. Using my small air compressor which is
just a basic tire filler, I shot a staple thru a 2x4 and it came out
the other side. Lots of power there.
The best part, I bought it for 50 cents.

But there were only a few staples in it and now that I used them all
up just playing. Where can I buy staples for these things?

The brand of the stapler is Bostitch.

Mark

Cripes man, if you're not smart enough to figure out where to get staples
for that deadly weapon, you'd best leave it on the shelf before you hurt
someone with it...

Patrick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Patrick Cleburne wrote:

Cripes man, if you're not smart enough to figure out where to get
staples for that deadly weapon, you'd best leave it on the shelf
before you hurt someone with it...

Patrick

I'm glad I was not the only one thinking that. I am even gladder that
someone chose to suggest it. The description the OP gave did not make me
feel good.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Gideon

I had the same problem and I solved it by just buying a new
staple gun. You get hundreds of "free" staples when you buy
the new gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair
nospambob

Helps the economy expand, thanks! Downside is landfills.

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:46:16 GMT, "Gideon" wrote:

I had the same problem and I solved it by just buying a new
staple gun. You get hundreds of "free" staples when you buy
the new gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Gideon wrote:
I had the same problem and I solved it by just buying a new
staple gun. You get hundreds of "free" staples when you buy
the new gun.

Gees, I hope your auto doesn't run out of gas soon .
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan C

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 03:57:06 -0600, maradcliff wrote:

But there were only a few staples in it and now that I used them all
up just playing. Where can I buy staples for these things?

Does your mother still tie your shoes for you? Don't be so friggin
helpless, dumb ass.

Linux Registered User #327951

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Dan C wrote:

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 03:57:06 -0600, maradcliff wrote:

But there were only a few staples in it and now that I used them all
up just playing. Where can I buy staples for these things?

Does your mother still tie your shoes for you? Don't be so friggin
helpless, dumb ass.

Feeding troll again?
Posted to alt.home.repair
JasmynJade

OMG.....I agree with the guy that said, "hope your car doesn't run out
of gas?"
This was TOO funny!!! I am a 48 yr old female....and I know that one
....heck, my 10 yr old grand-daughter would have known that!!!
Hey, I'll give ya $1 for it....that way you double your
money...tee-hee!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:11:34 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

I was at an auction the other day and came home with an air powered
staple gun. Not one that shoots those little staples like you desk
stapler, but shoots 2 inch long staples. I see these used on pallets,
and often in construction. Using my small air compressor which is
just a basic tire filler, I shot a staple thru a 2x4 and it came out
the other side. Lots of power there.
The best part, I bought it for 50 cents.

But there were only a few staples in it and now that I used them all
up just playing. Where can I buy staples for these things?

The brand of the stapler is Bostitch.

Mark

Most any building supply or even the big box stores should have them.

Thanks Joseph

I'll ignore all the rude comments on this thread. Having never owned
one of these things, I thought they were more specific to construction
companies. However, I called a local Home Depot and Menards. Both
have them. I was afraid I'd have to mail order and I know how
shipping costs and minimum orders are on things like this. I also
found that Bostitch has a website.

Playing with this thing almost makes me want to get a power nailer,
and I'm the guy that has always said give me a hammer and nails and
forget the power stuff...