Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where to get staples

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:11:34 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

I was at an auction the other day and came home with an air powered
staple gun. Not one that shoots those little staples like you desk
stapler, but shoots 2 inch long staples. I see these used on pallets,
and often in construction. Using my small air compressor which is
just a basic tire filler, I shot a staple thru a 2x4 and it came out
the other side. Lots of power there.
The best part, I bought it for 50 cents.

But there were only a few staples in it and now that I used them all
up just playing. Where can I buy staples for these things?

The brand of the stapler is Bostitch.

Mark

Most any building supply or even the big box stores should have them.

Thanks Joseph

I'll ignore all the rude comments on this thread. Having never owned
one of these things, I thought they were more specific to construction
companies. However, I called a local Home Depot and Menards. Both
have them. I was afraid I'd have to mail order and I know how
shipping costs and minimum orders are on things like this. I also
found that Bostitch has a website.

Playing with this thing almost makes me want to get a power nailer,
and I'm the guy that has always said give me a hammer and nails and
forget the power stuff...