william kossack

Default stapler that shoots 3/8 inch 1/4 narrow crown staples?

My wife had a project where she wanted to make a cushion for a bench.
Figuring out what she had in mind I decided to go to harbor freight and
take advantage of the sale on a 1/4 inch narrow crown stapler they had
on sale for $20 that was advertised to shoot 3/8ths inch long staples.

She had planned on using her cheep electric stapler.

Not suprising they did not carry the 3/8ths staples but the gun came
with 1/2 so we made do and it worked great except we had to add an extra
layer of plywood to the frame.

Now for my question.....

Does anyone sell 3/8 inch narrow crown staples? I've noticed other
manufactures claiming to shoot them but I can't find them anywhere.
Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
william kossack wrote:
My wife had a project where she wanted to make a cushion for a bench.
Figuring out what she had in mind I decided to go to harbor freight and
take advantage of the sale on a 1/4 inch narrow crown stapler they had
on sale for $20 that was advertised to shoot 3/8ths inch long staples.

She had planned on using her cheep electric stapler.

Not suprising they did not carry the 3/8ths staples but the gun came
with 1/2 so we made do and it worked great except we had to add an extra
layer of plywood to the frame.

Now for my question.....

Does anyone sell 3/8 inch narrow crown staples? I've noticed other
manufactures claiming to shoot them but I can't find them anywhere.

I don't know about the availability of 3/8" long 1/4" crown staples,
but a few times a year HF puts a 1/2" crown stapler on sale for $20.
The 3/8" long staples are readily available in this size, in fact they
are the same as a Stanley hand operated staple gun and a few others,
though unfortunately not the same as the Arrow T50.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 07:41:22 -0600, the opaque william kossack
clearly wrote:

My wife had a project where she wanted to make a cushion for a bench.
Figuring out what she had in mind I decided to go to harbor freight and
take advantage of the sale on a 1/4 inch narrow crown stapler they had
on sale for $20 that was advertised to shoot 3/8ths inch long staples.

She had planned on using her cheep electric stapler.

Good choice getting the HF 1/4" pneumatic instead. I've found
mine handy for everything but nailing overglued trim strips onto
semi-fine furniture smeared with stain and poly. (IOW, no Nahm
Period Pieces.) Nomex=ON

Does anyone sell 3/8 inch narrow crown staples? I've noticed other
manufactures claiming to shoot them but I can't find them anywhere.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G6051
$10 for 5,000, but they're heavy. Shipping will cost ya.

--== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==--
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online
william kossack

when the only other source sold only a case I may have to go to the griz...

I need to put together an order to make the shipping less of the total
cost first.

I saw the 1/2 inch but it wasn't on sale