Posted to alt.home.repair
scbody

Default Leak at electrical feed to well

Hi

I have a persistant water leak from the pipe that feeds the electrical
service to my well. The pipe is below grade.
Despite several attempts at a fix using that yellow expanding foam in a
can and trying to plug the pipe, I still have the leak.
I'd appreciate advice on thsi one.

Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair

scbody wrote:
Hi

I have a persistant water leak from the pipe that feeds the electrical
service to my well. The pipe is below grade.
Despite several attempts at a fix using that yellow expanding foam in a
can and trying to plug the pipe, I still have the leak.
I'd appreciate advice on thsi one.

Thank you

Greetings,

Maybe you should be asking yourself why the conduit is leaking instead
of how to plug it up so that it stays filled with water. Otherwise you
might try some duct seal.

William

Posted to alt.home.repair
David Efflandt

On 27 Nov 2005 18:08:45 -0800, scbody wrote:
I have a persistant water leak from the pipe that feeds the electrical
service to my well. The pipe is below grade.
Despite several attempts at a fix using that yellow expanding foam in a
can and trying to plug the pipe, I still have the leak.
I'd appreciate advice on thsi one.

Condensation is one thing. In that case where moisture from warm air
condenses in conduit to underground limit switches, etc. I just squirt a
whole tube of silicone rubber up the conduit.

But if you get constant dripping or dribble, you may have a breach in
the conduit that should be fixed.
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

we're on city water. thoughts:
consider geothermal digging and additional circuits for your backyard
if you are digging. also is it time to upgrade the water pipe while
you're in the ground.

Posted to alt.home.repair
scbody

Gentlemen
Thank you very much for your thoughts. You are correct that I should be
thinking why, not how, but that will have to wait until the spring.
The silicone and duct seal seem like good ideas, perhaps I'll try both
!!
Thank you

Window Leak Troubleshoot BARRY MARTIN Home Repair 0 October 22nd 05 02:12 PM
water leak - which way? mich UK diy 2 September 3rd 04 06:24 PM
Water leak - the saga continues..... mich UK diy 13 August 25th 04 10:47 PM
Shower leak Dan Harms Home Repair 8 October 21st 03 01:03 AM
Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P) Andrew McKay UK diy 42 July 30th 03 08:05 AM