DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Leak at electrical feed to well (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133168-leak-electrical-feed-well.html)

scbody November 28th 05 02:08 AM

Leak at electrical feed to well

Hi

I have a persistant water leak from the pipe that feeds the electrical
service to my well. The pipe is below grade.
Despite several attempts at a fix using that yellow expanding foam in a
can and trying to plug the pipe, I still have the leak.
I'd appreciate advice on thsi one.

Thank you

[email protected] November 28th 05 04:29 AM

scbody wrote:
Hi

I have a persistant water leak from the pipe that feeds the electrical
service to my well. The pipe is below grade.
Despite several attempts at a fix using that yellow expanding foam in a
can and trying to plug the pipe, I still have the leak.
I'd appreciate advice on thsi one.

Thank you

Greetings,

Maybe you should be asking yourself why the conduit is leaking instead
of how to plug it up so that it stays filled with water. Otherwise you
might try some duct seal.

William

David Efflandt November 28th 05 07:03 AM

On 27 Nov 2005 18:08:45 -0800, scbody wrote:
I have a persistant water leak from the pipe that feeds the electrical
service to my well. The pipe is below grade.
Despite several attempts at a fix using that yellow expanding foam in a
can and trying to plug the pipe, I still have the leak.
I'd appreciate advice on thsi one.

Condensation is one thing. In that case where moisture from warm air
condenses in conduit to underground limit switches, etc. I just squirt a
whole tube of silicone rubber up the conduit.

But if you get constant dripping or dribble, you may have a breach in
the conduit that should be fixed.

buffalobill November 28th 05 07:22 AM

Leak at electrical feed to well

we're on city water. thoughts:
consider geothermal digging and additional circuits for your backyard
if you are digging. also is it time to upgrade the water pipe while
you're in the ground.

scbody November 29th 05 11:34 AM

Leak at electrical feed to well

Gentlemen
Thank you very much for your thoughts. You are correct that I should be
thinking why, not how, but that will have to wait until the spring.
The silicone and duct seal seem like good ideas, perhaps I'll try both
!!
Thank you