Posted to alt.home.repair
KTECH

Default Electric stove

We have a electric stove That has quit and it's to old to fix. The unit has
a microwave unit on top but not attached. If such a thing is available would
it be better to go that route or to get all in one unit?Next thing to
consider is a two oven stove and a microwave over the gas range, Problem is
how close to gas top can microwave go? lastly what's better gas or electric?
Ay mfg gas or electric suggestions?
This group has been great hope I haven't bugged you all to much.
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"KTECH" wrote in message
We have a electric stove That has quit and it's to old to fix. The unit
has a microwave unit on top but not attached. If such a thing is available
would it be better to go that route or to get all in one unit?Next thing
to consider is a two oven stove and a microwave over the gas range,
Problem is how close to gas top can microwave go? lastly what's better gas
or electric? Ay mfg gas or electric suggestions?
This group has been great hope I haven't bugged you all to much.
Frank

I don't know of any all in one units made today.

There are microwaves specifically made for over the range. They have vent
hoods under them and can take the heat from the range. I'm not sure of the
minimum height, but you can find that out from any of the web sites of the
makers. Go to GE, Panasonic, Sharp, etc and check out the installation
instructions.

Both gas and electric have proponents. I'm a big fan of gas. You have a
visible flame that reacts faster than electric elements. It can be used
(burners only) even when there is a power failure. You can toast
marshmallows.

Electric ovens used to be more accurate temperature wise. Some will heat a
pot of water faster as no heat is lost up the sides of the pot. No
electric -- no cook. No toasted marshmallows, so no s'mores.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/