Charlie S.

Default Garbage bags falling down

I use the empty plastic grocery bags to dump my every day garbage out. I
use about one a day. So, it's not a big hassle disposing. A couple months
ago my sister bought me a kitchen sized trash basket. She also gave me some
large plastic kitchen bags to go with it. I have to admit there was some
added convenience. However, I don't like putting the swinging cover on top.
So, the bag would keep sliding down every time I put in something too heavy.
The bags were made so the tops could be tied together.

When it came time to buying new bags I thought that this was too much
aggravation. So, I'm back to using the small grocery bags in the smaller
container. I would like to go back to using the larger bags, but don't want
the aggravation. Any work-arounds besides using the swinging top lid to
solve this problem. I couldn't find any bags that were just a little bit
longer. The next size is barrel sized.

CWLee

"Charlie S." wrote:

... So, the bag would keep sliding down every time I put

in something too heavy. ... I would like to go back to
using the larger bags, ... Any work-arounds besides using
the swinging top lid to
solve this problem.

Why not make/find something that sits on the bottom of your
trash container, sufficiently high to keep the bag at the
level you want. Perhaps a piece of firewood, or the right
size cardboard box, or something like that would do the
trick.

ameijers

"Charlie S." wrote in message
[...]

A big-ass rubber band around the outside is how janitors do it. Keeps them
from having to scrub the cans unless the liner gets a hole in it. Whatever
local big-box that sells commercial-style janitor supplies probably has them
in the same aisle with the bags.

aem sends...

Tony Hwang

ameijers wrote:

"Charlie S." wrote in message

[...]

Hi,
We use spring clip to keep the bag in place.
Tony
Harry K

Charlie S. wrote:
[...]

I don't know the brand name but I bought two cans in Shopko a few years
ago. Have lids that seal fairly tight, touch release springs them wide
open. Remove top and there are two bails that hold the tops of the
trash bags. Very neat and easy to use. I threw out the cans I had with
the swinging tops.

Harry K

LJ

I do mine the same way (leave lid off). With the right-sized can and
correct bags, shouldn't be a problem. You'll want to look at gallon
capacity of bag vs the gallon size of can as a rough guide. Bags
should be at least the same, better to be slightly larger.

Sometimes, with a fresh bag, the first heavy item that goes in pulls
whole bag into can. Grab bag top edge, lift and shake it to get the
heavy item settled all the way into bottom of bag/can, then rehang the
bag over the can.

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:24:17 GMT, "Charlie S."
wrote:

I use the empty plastic grocery bags to dump my every day garbage out. I
use about one a day. So, it's not a big hassle disposing. A couple months
ago my sister bought me a kitchen sized trash basket. She also gave me some
large plastic kitchen bags to go with it. I have to admit there was some
added convenience. However, I don't like putting the swinging cover on top.
So, the bag would keep sliding down every time I put in something too heavy.

Suzie-Q

-
- When it came time to buying new bags I thought that this was too much
- aggravation. So, I'm back to using the small grocery bags in the smaller
- container. I would like to go back to using the larger bags, but don't want
- the aggravation. Any work-arounds besides using the swinging top lid to
- solve this problem. I couldn't find any bags that were just a little bit
- longer. The next size is barrel sized.

There are several brands of "tall kitchen" trash bags, but not all are
the same "tallness." I have found that Glad Handle-tie bags are tall enough
so that they don't slide down.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/

DanG wrote:
This is supposed to be a repair newsgroup. It should demand
workman like ways of repairing and fixing stuff.

Workmanlike solution for workmanlike problem.

(Bottom posted for your ease of comprehension.)

Goedjn

There are several brands of "tall kitchen" trash bags, but not all are
the same "tallness." I have found that Glad Handle-tie bags are tall enough
so that they don't slide down.

WHich is kind of redundant, because you can just screw nobs
to the outside of the trashcan, and hook the handles over them.